Time Travel....OCIR 1970 (1 Viewer)

Thank you for the link. Great pics from my favorite track and favorite era of drag racing. Interesting shots of Don Hampton's side-by-side twin Corvette. That must have been a beast!

Thanks Jean, especially for including a queer car (non v-8 powered) plus the street and modified roadsters. Next time I go and visit my brother in irvine, I'll have to stop by where OCIR used to be and have a moment of silence in its memory.

Thanks everyone, glad you liked it. I can't take credit for the shots though. That goes to Drew, as I just provided the link to his stuff. :D When I come across this stuff, I like to share. :cool:

Time Travel ocir 1970

Those photos sure seem like yesterday, I bought the car in photo #31 from Don a short time after this picture was taken. It was my first dragster and was one of the greatest top gas cars of its time until the rear motor cars came out. I sold it to a guy named Jerry Bettenridge in Elko ,Nev. less motor in 1977 . I've always wondered what became of it. I heard it may be stored in a garage near Reno.

Could anyone today even IMAGINE!!! That was JUST a WCS points race if the program at the end went with the pictures. Sigh...now it's all gone...the track, the series and most of all...the fun!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back