Ticket Prices (1 Viewer)

After I got home from the March Meet someone said to me; you spent $40 for ONE day???? My reply; yea, nearly 10 hours of drag racing comes to around $4 per hour!!! Hell, fuel was nearly $100. How do you beat $4 per hour for exciting entertainment???
That assumes people want a 10-hour event.

For a Drag Racing fan, I can not imagine a better "bang for the buck" than an NHRA ticket. Like Dan says, 4 small for an hour, stay all day, or leave after a few hours.
NHRA has some issues but ticket price is for sure not one of them. Our travel and motel expenses add up if we drive to events outside our areas, but that is not the fault of NHRA

I think it would be wise for Drag Racing too keep things in check and perspective. Zero Championship increase in a decade+. Keep asking/taking sponsors before they ream the fans and families out of reach, only too never return.

NHRA.tv for example. Bargain, yep. $20 a year increase will eventually run its course with the sound issues as is.

JMHO

That assumes people want a 10-hour event.
It's cheap for a 5-hour event. A much better deal than the $2000 an hour you'll pay to sit up front and listen to Taylor Swift. Nothing against Swift; she's done well in life but I wouldn't pay $20 for her to sit in my lap.

Just for comparison, the first NHRA National Event I attended was the 1971 Winternationals. Reserve seat on Sunday was $10 and a pit pass was $2. I was there all day. Price was the same in 1972-1973...

For comparison, I went to a Three Dog Night concert at the Universal Amphitheater in L.A. around the same time period and spent $30 for myself and my date. The concert last a couple hours.

I enjoyed the races a lot more.

I always thought ticket prices were great for the amount and quality of racin that was delivered. I stopped going because of the lack of handicapped parking access (and parking attendents who could absolutely care less about handicapped patrons) at both Epping and Maple Grove. I cannot physically walk the distance from the regular parking areas to the track. That's why I get my fix at divisional events where I am made to feel welcome.

It's cheap for a 5-hour event. A much better deal than the $2000 an hour you'll pay to sit up front and listen to Taylor Swift. Nothing against Swift; she's done well in life but I wouldn't pay $20 for her to sit in my lap.

wife wants to go to an F1 race, 3k to sit and watch one turn for 2 hours. Plus insane hotel travel expenses.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back