Things continue to get better for Brogdon and his new program (1 Viewer)

GAINESVILLE, Fla. (March 12) - The three-week break since the previous NHRA race could not have come at a better time for Pro Stock driver Rodger Brogdon and his ProtectTheHarvest.com-sponsored team.

In the off-season, Brogdon brought his entire operation under one roof in Houston, including a new, in-house engine program. The team worked hard to get ready for the first two races of the season, and since the most recent race in Phoenix, Brogdon has been able to reevaluate his fledgling program and make changes.

"It's a good time for us," Brogdon said as the team prepares for this weekend's 44th annual NHRA Gatornationals at Auto Plus Raceway. "During the Pomona and Phoenix races, we hurt four engines. It gave us time to get those fixed and to continue getting the shop going. The dyno is working now, too."

In addition to working on engine development, Brogdon's team was able to double-check his Chevrolet Camaro race car.

"We had time to go over our car from front to back," Brogdon said. "We found something that was pretty simply but is a major problem if you don't catch it in time. We went two races in a row and didn't catch it, but now we have, so we should be a lot better in Gainesville."

Brogdon's team is basically two races old, especially when it comes to engine development. That can make racing in the ultra-competitive Pro Stock class difficult, but Brogdon knows there's plenty of potential.

"We're definitely heading in the right direction," said Brogdon, who tested in Bradenton, Fla., before Gainesville. "It's exciting to see what we've got going on in the shop. The main thing is time. We've got a lot of good ideas but we need the time to get them all implemented. After about 10 races, we should be closing the gap on the guys at the top. That's what I'm expecting anyway."

He also knows patience is indeed a virtue, though that's not easy for him.

"I'm not as patient as I need to be," Brogdon said. "I'm used to getting my way on things and it just doesn't work that way doing this. You've got to be willing to find some patience. This is not easy."

Brogdon, who sits 12th in the Pro Stock points standings, carries some confidence into Gainesville, where he won in his Sportsman days.

"I've won race or two there in Competition Eliminator," Brogdon said. "I set the ET record there a couple years ago, too, so I've always had good luck at Gainesville. I like that place. It's Florida. How can you not like Florida?"

More...

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back