the weekly "congrats Hector" Thread (1 Viewer)

sdwarf36

Nitro Member
Again! Not just dominate numbers--but killer lites too! Boy I wish he was a better interview. Humble + worked hard many years being a DNQ or bottom halfer ,it looks like his time has come. I thought for sure that the Harleys would all of a sudden find a few hundreths when it was needed-but it didnt happen. You think V+H will let it go that much to fate that they can give up rounds this late-or will the help of Larry Morgan keep Hector a step ahead?

HYPE THIS NHRA!!!! Heres excitement without the fist to cuffs--small independent VS big Corp. factory team-- Store bought bike vs. unobtainium. This is the best story in the countdown in my book.

Again! Not just dominate numbers--but killer lites too! Boy I wish he was a better interview. Humble + worked hard many years being a DNQ or bottom halfer ,it looks like his time has come. I thought for sure that the Harleys would all of a sudden find a few hundreths when it was needed-but it didnt happen. You think V+H will let it go that much to fate that they can give up rounds this late-or will the help of Larry Morgan keep Hector a step ahead?

HYPE THIS NHRA!!!! Heres excitement without the fist to cuffs--small independent VS big Corp. factory team-- Store bought bike vs. unobtainium. This is the best story in the countdown in my book.

I don't know Hector Arana, but I'm glad he's in our sport. He is a first class guy and he's winning for the Lucas family, a family that has done so much for drag racing that it isn't possible to remember it all.
Go Hector!
Cheers.

Strange as it may seem, Hector can't get a drop of ink in South Florida. Very sad, especially with the Miami Herald being pro-Cuban.

I remember interviewing Hector at Joliet back in 99 or 00 for a Drag Racing Monthly piece that never ran.

I was struck then at what a genuinely nice guy he was. As for his present interview skills, rest assured he's come a long way since back then we did have a slight language barrier.

He told me then that the worst thing about trying to race PSM was the people you hired. He told me he had a bunch of ideas of things to do in an engine but wasn't a machinist or otherwise capable of doing them himself.

He said he'd hired others to fabricate his ideas which actually did make more power, but within a very short period of time the same parts were being offered to his competition.

It might have taken ten years, but it looks like Hector's creativity and Larry Morgan's skills and ethics have finally solved the problem.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back