The new PM record is 5.99! (1 Viewer)

That's impressive! But given all the low 6.0's we've seen in the past year I'm suprised it took so long.;)

Big Congrats to the Dr Moon's Rage team and Josh. They are really nice guys. I talked to Josh at Dallas and he said it was only a matter of time. I think they all thought it would have already happened especially after Payne went 6.000 at Dallas last year. I am glad that Josh was the one to officially do it.

Yup, way to go Hernandez! Quite awesome to finally have a (legal) 5 second Pro Mod pass - it was quite the tease all year long with so many 6.0x runs... I'm also happy that the first 5 happened in an IHRA race where PM is (for now at least) an official Pro class and not regarded as an illegitimate step-sister.

Hear about it from the man himself!

The 5.990-second Pro Mod pass that Josh Hernandez made at Rockingham was a thing of beauty, and www.1320tv.com was on hand to get the first video interview with the driver of the "Dr. Moon's Rage" Camaro.

Tune in to hear Hernandez describe the experience, and while you're there check out the dozens of clips and shows filmed during the course of the weekend. There's some great entertainment waiting for you!

Last edited:
Congrats to Josh, Howard, Dave and Tommy. I wish I could have been there to see it. I heard the car ran like it was on rails! Great job guys, see you in Vegas.

I hope they don't slow down the blown cars next year! I think Pro Mod is one of the better classes to watch and the faster the better.

cool pass by the guys. we have a couple of 5 sec cars down here. i saw one of the runs and it was awesome to watch. nothing like a quick slammer hey

I hope they don't slow down the blown cars next year! I think Pro Mod is one of the better classes to watch and the faster the better.

I'm with you Paul. I hope they speed up the nitrous cars instead of slowing down the blower cars. Its been a blast this year to try and see the first 5 and I dont want to go back to watching them run 6.20's.

I don't think there's a rule change they could make to allow the NOS cars to run low 6.0's.

You might be right Joe. I dont know. I am not familiar with pro mod rules or anything so I havent a clue. I just hope there is something they can do to not slow down the blower cars.

Hmm... there's a rumour on Comp Plus that IHRA is going to be slowing down the blown cars for next year. Not sure what they're doing, but I read it as adding about .15 to their ET's. Might be hard to make the NOS cars faster - they're already about as light as they can get...

Plus there's the issue of chassis certification if 5's become the rule. The chassis' are only certified to 6.00 - so therefore that 5.99 didn't happen since the chassis is no longer certified, the car is illegal (not a Pro Mod), and it was not an official run. :rolleyes:

I don't think for a second that reducing Blower OD's slows these cars down. The only way to slow the Blower cars down would be to mandate smaller Superchargers to limit airflow. But your talking another HUGE investment these guys will have to make. The ADRL has proven you don't need Blown and NOS cars to run together to have a successful program.

there is no rule change to make "immediate" gains in the NOS camp. They are a tenth behind right now. Most can't meet min weight as it is. Unlimited cubes is an option, but a undeveloped, expensive, unproven option.

As for slowing the blower cars down, the kneejerk is always overdrive reduction, but is usually overcome fairly quickly. Other options are elimination of the 2-step, injector hat area reduction, gear ratio changes, among others.

Having said all that, I think it may be too late for alot of NOS guys...

Congrats on a great run. Man I wish the pro mods were able to return to VMP because the Pro Mods would of been flying in Virginia. Probably would of been a few cars in sub 6 second zone there.

I'm stealing this from another poster off another forum, because it saved me the time typing it out...

Mitch Stott, First ever 5 second sedan pass (Outlaw trim)
John Zappia, Second ever 5 Second sedan pass ( First legal Australian Top Doorslammer )
Aaron Lynch, Third ever 5 second sedan pass ( Second legal Australian Top Doorslammer)
Josh Hernandez, Fourth ever 5 second sedan pass ( First legal IHRA Pro Mod).

Mike

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back