The Latest $*#! Scelzi Says (1 Viewer)

Certainly the Misters Scelzi and Zizzo have the inside prespective on the sponsor issues with our sport. But let me state what might be beyond their "situational limits". Tom Compton is not even .001 of the promoter that Wally Parks was. Many times the 'Maters have put forth on this forum problems effecting the growth of the N.H.R.A.. These fell on deaf ears then, will continue now, and into the future as long as the present executives of the N.H.R.A. are in place. Wally, Pete, Pappy, and the rest were members of the "Greatest Generation". They were "gearheads" before, during, and after W.W.II. They came back from the war and all of its atrocities dedicated to the promotion and expansion of Hot Rodding at any personal cost....Today what we have are fat cats drawing half million dollar paychecks, period.

Last edited:
Certainly the Misters Scelzi and Zizzo have the inside prespective on the sponsor issues with our sport. But let me state what might be beyond their "situational limits". Tom Compton is not even .001 of the promoter that Wally Parks was. Many times the 'Maters have put forth on this forum problems effecting the growth of the N.H.R.A.. These fell on deaf ears then, will continue now, and into the future as long as the present executives of the N.H.R.A. are in place. Wally, Pete, Pappy, and the rest were members of the "Greatest Generation". They were "gearheads" before, during, and after W.W.II. They came back from the war and all of its atrocities dedicated to the promotion and expansion of Hot Rodding at any personal cost....Today what we have are fat cats drawing half million dollar paychecks, period.

On the button, Robert!

So much better then anything Bazemore has to say. AND its actually from someone who could get a job driving again in this sport.

Gosh, you're a douchebag aren't you? Did you really need to take a shot at Whit? You couldn't just comment on the segment being a good one? No you had to take a shot, once again on Whit. Anyway I've wasted enough lines on you.

I totally agree, Michael. Whit wasn't even close to this deal. To bring him up just to bash is lame, John.

Thanks Robert..perfect.

So much better then anything Bazemore has to say. AND its actually from someone who could get a job driving again in this sport.

If we have learned anything about the modern landscape of drag racing is that it's all about money. You could count the number of "hired drivers" on one hand. If Whit had some sponsor dollars behind him, there would be a line around the block to hire him.

Anyone notice that since Tom Compton hired his College Frat brother Gary Darcy as Head of NHRA marketing, that both TF and FC showdowns have been lost? Don Prudhomme had some choice words about GD at his going away speech!

The only thing NHRA Marketing has proven good at is trying to lure sponsors away from Drivers! Amazing!!!

Hey Farr fetched, does Gary mention Whit in this segment? I'd say Whit Bazemore's resume is more impressive than yours! How many Natl. Events have you won?

Ok to answer all your questions.

Did I take a shot at Whit? Yes I did, I'm tired of all you guys acting like he is the saviour saint of fuel racing. If he's such a hot shoe why isn't he out here? Because he's one of those "I won't do it on my own money guys"

Does he have a better resume then me in Drag Racing Yes He does! But that was then this is now.

I'm still out here trying, with my own money and enjoying the hell out of it. Not staying home and hopeing or praying some sugar daddy comes along and finances my dream.

You are correct its all about money, If Whit had a sponsor behind him and some money the line would be around the block. But to be honest in this economy if Paul Page had a sponsor and some money the line would be around the block. It all about money.

Then that brings up the question if he is gods gift to fuel racing why doesn't he have a sponsor and a line around the block? It is because he is unsponsorable, or not an image a sponsor would consider?

You guys can call me all the names you can think of and some others too. But i'm still out here having fun winning the few rounds I can. Is he or was he a better driver then me? Your Damn Right he was! But hes not the close to the best or the worse and hes not the savior of fuel racing.

You all have a nice day, Let the Bashing begin:D

I don't think Whit is "God's gift to fuel racing". I am ambivalent towards him. I just don't understand what a thread about Scelzi has to do with Whit? The shot seemed to come out of left field.

And even though I think you are off base about Whit this time ... I do hope you can stay out there chasing the dream. Good luck for the rest of the season John.

Whit may not be currently sponsored at this time.....but the guy has pure talent behind the wheel of a Fuel Funny Car.

I think at the very least, he deserves to be able to wait for the right deal to come around and I'm more than sure he can pick up right where he left off and wheel any flopper on the planet....and do it as good as anybody in the top 10.

Economics has a lot to do with good Drivers and Teams parked these days.
Things will get better...and when they do......I think Whit will be back to shake it up out there.

No biggy.

Man those were good days in FC - Baze, Hoffman etc all going at Force.
Too boring these days ......

Mark.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back