The Governor's Cup at Sacramento (1 Viewer)

rocketman

Nitro Member
Anyone going to the Governor's Cup at Sacramento Raceway? We'll be down there trying to take a crack at the 8 -car Top Eliminator field comprised of blown alcohol cars. This is a great race with alcohol cars, nitro cars (nostalgia top fuel), and jets. If you come out stop by the Capitol Pits and say hi.

me and several kids I got hooked on drag racing will be there, we'll keep an eye out for you.

that was the first drag race i attented with friends back in 1970.....

mongoose vs the snake...and ed the ace...and few more floppers...

got their early...traffic was backup on the old Jackson Hwy...

Well, just got back from Govie and it was a barn burner. A full house saw 10 TF nostalgia cars, Jets, blown front engine cars, CIFCA funny cars and Top Eliminator West. In fact, there were more blown cars at the track then carborated cars. It was a very impressive race.

We qualified 7th in Top Eliminator West with my best ever run, a 6.76 under the lights. Sadly in the first round our air bottle was lower than what the gage read and I couldn't the car off the starting line after letting go of the button. That will never happen again as we will weigh the bottles from now on! I was pretty bummed as it was our first time out there but the fans were great, it's a good track and we'll be back next year. My opponent was in the 6.30's so we were at least 3 tenths too slowed no matter how well we would have ran. Oh well, it was a fun weekend!

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back