thanks to Cory Mac, The Professor, Melanie, TJ Jr, Jim Yates, Fred Simmons and GM (1 Viewer)

Professor Dave

Nitro Member
for visiting our troops in Germany and especially your visit to the wounded.

Lately there's been a lot of talk about how Vietnam and Iraq are similar. There's a big difference though in that no matter how people feel about whether we should be in Iraq or not, we have been nearly unanimous in expressing our support of the men and women fighting over there.

I will second that!!!!

Anyone else think that it is odd that we never hear about any of the ARMY sponsored drivers doing this?

My brother in law, Airman David Hill, is stationed at Ramstein Air Base and met all the drivers who went over last year when they came into the passenger terminal he works at. He remembered how much I love drag racing and got his hands on some of the stuff they handed out to troops over there and passed them on to me.

I know, having been to Ramstein and talking with Airmen stationed there, that the troops love anything from home and the wounded guys at Landstuhl particularly enjoy the visits, too. I told my brother when we talked to him on Thanksgiving to keep an eye out for the drivers when they came in since he was working that day and to take good care of them. :)

It's awesome that this group of drivers got to do this again. I hope they make it an annual trip.

I will second that!!!!

Anyone else think that it is odd that we never hear about any of the ARMY sponsored drivers doing this?

Whereas you're right in stating none of the Army sponsored drivers have taken part in this particular event, for lack of a better word, they all do quite a lot in support of our troops, both here and abroad. In fact, I think it's kinda cool that drivers other than those sponsored by the U.S. Army are going over there...

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back