Testing Ban Question (1 Viewer)

Jet

Nitro Member
Since most teams seem to test with Don's nitro because of the cost, how will the testing ban conserve the nitro that VP supplies?

Since VP, the NHRA and Don can't come to an agreement and NHRA had its head up its ass in regards to the DSR Racing fine etc. I don't see how testing with Pro Nitro from Don S will save any fuel for the races?

Can anybody explain this twisted logic to me or is just the pattering of Graham Light's mind that this edict was passed down to the racing serfs from the crumbling Kingdom of Glendora?

Just shooting off my keyboard here but, this could also be NHRA's way to force other racers to put pressure on DS.

They could have just said any testing must be done with non-VP nitro, which has been allowed in the past. But by banning testing altogether it could cause some of the racers, particularly small (ie less funded) teams to put pressure on DS to sell to VP so they can test without spending the bucks to travel to other tracks/events.

It would be neat to see a fuel car with a PRO NITRO wrap on the car. I bet the NHRA would try to axe that as well! :D

The NHRA cars won't be able to tap into the IHRA's supply of nitro. They are saying it's a Bring Your Own Nitro affair.

Keep in mind Jet, not every team tests with Don's fuel and it will affect them. And, Don hasn't decided if he will sell the nitro either. VP won't sell outside of it's normal race supply.

This article says a lot about all of it.
Drag Racing Internet Magazine - Torco Racing Fuel's Competition Plus.com - WILL RACERS CIRCUMVENT TESTING BAN?

But if Pro Nitro is the only nitro available for testing then all could use it and all would be good and VP would still have its supply intact. Sorry Bobby but I read that article before I posted and I still smell something fishy here.

I just don't understand how NHRA can BAN Monday testing after an event. They only 'rent' the track for the allotted amount of days the event takes place. Monday is extra. I don't know all the logistics, but I just don't see how they control it.

I just don't understand how NHRA can BAN Monday testing after an event. They only 'rent' the track for the allotted amount of days the event takes place. Monday is extra. I don't know all the logistics, but I just don't see how they control it.

Sanctioning.

Do what we say or you will no longer be an NHRA sanctioned track. I'm sure the contracts don't say it that simple but I bet that is what they boil down to.

BIG deal NHRA sanctioned track!
If every track (most do have testing on Monday) allowed testing with non-VP fuel and the suits in Glendora pulled their sanctioning then NHRA wouldn't have ANY sanctioned tracks.
NO tracks, no sandboxes, no revenue going to Glendora.
So whats the problem?? with testing on Mondays w/ non-VP fuel??
The track owners need to join in the fun. NO testing on Mondays = less track rental money.

NASCAR has long controlled testing on tracks that it has Cup races at. They don't try to stop the tracks from hosting test sessions but they DQ drivers from races if they test more than they are permitted at Cup tracks.

NHRA could enforce it that way...if you test on Monday, don't bother coming to the next race.

Jim

NASCAR has long controlled testing on tracks that it has Cup races at. They don't try to stop the tracks from hosting test sessions but they DQ drivers from races if they test more than they are permitted at Cup tracks.

NHRA could enforce it that way...if you test on Monday, don't bother coming to the next race.

Jim

That would insure short fields...not a good idea.

Test on Tuesday. Problem solved! :p

Banning Monday testing makes no sense (which shouldn't surprise me), since Pro Nitro fuel was already approved for testing purposes.

Plus, Shoe has already offered to sell his fuel to NHRA, but all they want is their $100,000 paid.

The current price of fuel puts it at $32+ a gallon. Couple that with the price of diesel for their haulers and this just might put some guys out of business. Gee, that would make for even shorter fields at NHRA races. Good job NHRA!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back