Terry Haddock (1 Viewer)

Bullet

Nitro Member
Terry Haddock was a lucky man yesterday in the second round when his lefthand mudflap came loose and bent out of shape.

Luckily it remained attached to the car and didn't catch the rear tire.

Could have been a lot worse than replacing a beaten body panel.

On the question of Terry Haddock... How does he afford to race ~ half the season??:confused:

People like Jim Head and the Hartleys have their own businesses and some $$ to boot.

Does Terry just try to go in there and qualify and take his 10k and move on?

On the question of Terry Haddock... How does he afford to race ~ half the season??:confused:

Does Terry just try to go in there and qualify and take his 10k and move on?

Terry is about the hardest working man in nitro right now. He has an all volunteer crew, none of the latest/greatest parts, and lives race-by-race on tiny sponsors. As a friend of mine who knows him well said "he's got a nasty addiction to nitro". :)

He's racing every NHRA race he can get into, and the IHRA in the off weekends. He goes to each race, looks at the field and decides whether to pull the F/C or T/F car out of the trailer.

He's trying like heck to make the countdown, to get an outside shot at a top finish -- all to attract some sponsorship dollars. The countdown plays right into someone like Terry, he just has squeak into the countdown, then get hot in the last 6 races to be the Cinderella story of 2009.

Pretty impressive, if you ask me.

You got to admit Terry has been very impressive in some of his quailifing efforts... out run some pretty tough teams in quailifing at several events..... if he get get past a few more first rounds or even farther he could on an out side chance make the top 10.... that would realy shake things up....

Billy

I see both of his cars are running E-Town and he's running Top Fuel and Cory Lee is returning to FC. Great to see the Former Jersey Native running @ e-town with both cars.

Should Terry make the countdown and some high dollar team does not, I can see NHRA tweaking the rules a bit. As the Zizzo-Litton Friday 12 car set field after 2007 Indy.

Speaking of mud flaps - I remember back in late 90's those mud flaps went from their position they are in now to behind the headers closer to the tires. Then they came back. I thought moving them back made sense aerodynamically. Why did they go from the front of the header, to the back, then to the front again?
hill01.jpg

Speaking of mud flaps - I remember back in late 90's those mud flaps went from their position they are in now to behind the headers closer to the tires. Then they came back. I thought moving them back made sense aerodynamically. Why did they go from the front of the header, to the back, then to the front again?
hill01.jpg

I know that right around when Schumacher went 330 the NHRA mandated that the "mudflaps" be a single rectangle mounted in a certain manner and that they may not have a gradual kickup like that of Eddie Hills in the picture you posted.

At or around the same time they also mandated vertically flat spill plates on the rear wing banning those with the kickout lower sections like the Hill photo.

I know that right around when Schumacher went 330 the NHRA mandated that the "mudflaps" be a single rectangle mounted in a certain manner and that they may not have a gradual kickup like that of Eddie Hills in the picture you posted.

At or around the same time they also mandated vertically flat spill plates on the rear wing banning those with the kickout lower sections like the Hill photo.

I didn't even notice the kickout spill plates. Other then they just made the rule change, was there a reason? Was there some backdraft wind pushing fire into the cockpit (my theory)? That takes all the fun out of it.. innovation. It is what it is I guess though. I think the Eddie Hill car looks way cooler. I think the squatted metal blower looks cooler then the super composite tall blower.

I didn't even notice the kickout spill plates. Other then they just made the rule change, was there a reason? Was there some backdraft wind pushing fire into the cockpit (my theory)? That takes all the fun out of it.. innovation. It is what it is I guess though. I think the Eddie Hill car looks way cooler. I think the squatted metal blower looks cooler then the super composite tall blower.

From memory it was due to the additional downforce that was being generated and they didn't want to have teams spending big bucks developing alternative wing configurations or for the speeds to go much higher.

The injector on Hills car in the photo is actually a composite unit, but the short first generation unit, not metal. The injectors got taller later on. If you look closely you can see that the shape of the top of it is contoured like the butterflies. The old magnesium units were flat across the top.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back