Team Kalitta Pre-Race Report - Phoenix (1 Viewer)

Kalitta plans to continue winning ways

Phoenix Highlights: One win (2001); Three finals (2015, 2010, 2004); Four no. 1 qualifiers (2016, 2014, 2013, 2003)

Last Event Recap (NHRA Winternationals): Qualified fifth; Race Winner (Defeated Richie Crampton in the first round, Scott Palmer in the quarterfinals, Clay Millican in the semifinals and Tony Schumacher in the finals)

2017 NHRA Arizona Nationals Recap: Qualified fifth; First round defeat (Lost to Shawn Reed in the first round)

Quotable: “We started the season strong with the Mac Tools Toyota. I am so proud of the work my guys put in and the work they are doing now to prepare us for Phoenix. It should be a good weekend and I am fully confident that we can go back to back."

Career Stats: 459 starts; 627 round wins (ninth all-time); 44 wins (Fifth all-time in Top Fuel); 92 finals; 49 no.1 qualifiers (tied 14th all-time)

2018 Season: One Win (Pomona-I); Four round wins; First in the standings

2017 Season Recap: One win (Charlotte-II); Four finals (Pomona-I, Norwalk, Charlotte-II, St. Louis); Two no.1 qualifiers (Norwalk, Charlotte-II); 34 round wins; third in the standings

Noteworthy: Uncle and Team Kalitta founder Connie Kalitta celebrates his 80th birthday on Saturday; Fifth straight season with a win; Third straight season to lead the point standings at some point during the year; Next no.1 qualifier is 50th of his career, would be the 14th driver to earn that mark

Crampton ready for Phoenix

Last Event Recap (NHRA Winternationals): Qualified 10th; First round defeat (Lost to Doug Kalitta in the first round)

2017 NHRA Arizona Nationals Recap: Did not compete

Quotable: “We are excited to get to Phoenix for the Arizona Nationals. It helps that we have been there recently testing so we have some data to work off of. We are hopefully gonna give Connie a birthday weekend to remember.”

Career Stats: 80 starts; 75 round wins; Seven wins; Nine finals; Five no.1 qualifiers

2018 Season: One start; 13th in the standings

2017 Season Stats: Seven starts; One final (Charlotte-II); Five round wins

Langdon looking to score first Funny Car round wins

Phoenix Highlights: One no.1 qualifier (2012)

Last Event Recap (NHRA Winternationals): Qualified 12th; First round defeat (Lost to Ron Capps)

2017 NHRA Arizona Nationals (Top Fuel): Did not compete

Quotable: “I am excited about Phoenix. My team has had some success there and the weather conditions look really good. It should be a really fast weekend. The Global Electronic Technology team had a solid debut in Pomona, and we are looking to have more success on Sunday this weekend.”

Career Stats: 206 starts; 247 round wins; 14 wins; 30 finals; 18 no.1 qualifiers (Funny Car stats: One start)

2018 Season: One start; 10th in the standings

2017 Season Stats: 20 starts; Two finals (Dallas, Pomona II); 17 round wins; Seventh in the point standings

Noteworthy: Langdon will earn his 250th career round win with a final round appearance

With a solid start to the season, Todd plans for a longer run at the Arizona Nationals

Last Event Recap (NHRA Winternationals): Qualified seventh; Quarterfinalist (Defeated John Force in the first round, lost to Robert Hight in the quarterfinals)

2017 NHRA Arizona Nationals: Qualified seventh; Quarterfinalist (Defeated Alexis DeJoria in the first round, lost to Jim Campbell in the quarterfinals)

Quotable: “I am looking forward to getting back in the DHL Toyota Camry. I’m ready to pick up where we left off in Pomona and hopefully we can find a little more performance and go to the later rounds on Sunday.”

Career Stats: 173 starts; 168 round wins; 11 wins; 21 finals; 9 no.1 qualifiers (Funny Car stats: 25 starts; Two wins (Sonoma, Indianapolis); Three finals (Charlotte-I, Sonoma, Indianapolis); 19 round wins)

2018 Season: One start; One round win; Sixth in the point standings

2017 Season Stats: 24 starts; Two wins (Sonoma, Indianapolis); Three finals (Charlotte-I, Sonoma, Indianapolis); 18 round wins; Ninth in the point standings

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back