Team Kalitta invades Milan Dragway (1 Viewer)

BaldyLochs

Nitro Member
This is just too cool not to post. There were a couple of Kalitta dragsters running at Milan, near Detroit. But I'm not talking about Doug, or Jeff; not Hillary or Dave... and no, not even Ben or not even Connie!
I'm talking Jr. Dragsters... driven by Corey, Colin and Mitchell Kalitta and Ashley O! Wow ~ it's just plain scary to let your thoughts run wild for a minute and think about what if this is the start of something. There's a great pic on Kalitta's Twitter page of Connie, standing there in the pits surveying each car..... much like he does with the 8,000 horsepower versions.
Pretty darn cool no matter how you look at it. :D :) :D

Something about that is sooooo cool.

There was always a sense of "home" about Milan.

Maybe 'cause that was/ were the races that extended family could come to.

Maybe it was the O'Reilly family.

Maybe it was just the midwest.

Warm to hear that the kids can run there....That was where my dad took me to learn...

gota love the milk crate holding u a jr dragster with 5 crew guys around and one of the biggest names in the sport keeping an eye on the whole operation....good to see and i wonder how far these kids will go in racing

Seems Force may not be the only one grooming the "Next Generation". Gotta love the Kalittas.:D

DSC04057.jpg

Yeah, it's very cool that they're out there, but they need someone with junior dragster experience to guide them it appears. Towing back like this can be disastrous.

DSC04089.jpg

First off, you never tow them with a full sized vehicle.

Secondly, NEVER tie the tow strap around the roll cage! Kid gets behind in his work, car goes straight, tow vehicle turns, dragster is on it's side in a second and being drug by the tow car. I've seen it happen and it happens very quickly.

And yes, I know they're got it tied to where the driver simply has to let go of it and it will unwind, but it still takes too long for that to occur and the car is on it's side.

Hope someone gives them the heads up on this practice.

Last edited:
So much awesome in those pics. Put a big smile on muh face.

Great stuff, it's amazing how much of Scott you can see in his two boys.
I see "the look" in Corey's eyes. Same look Scott had.

Just awesome. *sniff* :eek:

Last edited:
Yeah, and it's been a little while since Doug has been seen on the starting line wiping the slicks of his Uncle's car !! :)

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back