Team Kalitta Heads To Las Vegas Four-Wide Nationals (1 Viewer)

Pre-Race Team Kalitta Notes
Event 4 of 24: 2019 Las Vegas Four-Wide Nationals
The Strip at Las Vegas Motor Speedway
Las Vegas, NV
April 5-7​

Team Kalitta looks to build on 2019 season success which includes two Top Fuel wins and final round appearance by World Champion J.R. Todd.

69460be9-f8d0-4375-a1b6-b3bfaf918173.jpg
World Champion J.R. Todd Ready for Las Vegas Repeat of Launch for Championship

In 2018 The Strip at Las Vegas Motor Speedway was the site of the beginning of J.R. Todd's championship run. Those three round wins moved Todd's DHL Toyota Camry Funny Car team onto a path that would see them methodically move their way up the point standing until they were the last man standing at the top. After his Vegas win over the course of the next seven months Todd chased down the points leader and eventually closed out the season with five final round appearances in the Countdown including a pivotal win at the Las Vegas Toyota Nationals.

2018 Las Vegas Highlights: Qualified No. 3; WINNER; Beat Bob Tasca III and Shawn Langdon, John Force and Del Worsham, beat Jack Beckman, Courtney Force and Tommy Johnson Jr.

Last Event Recap (2019 Gainesville): Qual 11: Lost to Jack Beckman

Quotable: J.R. Todd on the DHL Toyota Camry Funny Car 2019 goals and success at The Strip: “The goal is to keep that number one on the car going into 2020. It’s going to be tough. We have our work cut out for us, but I have a great group of guys behind me with some great sponsors and we’re definitely up to the task. We swept Las Vegas last year and both wins were special. The win at the Four-Wide gave us a lot of momentum and direction and the win in the fall really put us in the driver's seat for the Mello Yello championship.”

Career Stats: 203 Races; 17 Wins; 13 Runner-ups; 10 No. 1 qualifiers; Career round wins 214; in Funny Car 51 Races; 8 wins, 4 Runner-ups, 1 No. 1 qualifier and 65 round wins

2019 Season:
Winternationals: Qual. No. 9; Lost to Bob Tasca III
Arizona Nationals: Qual. No. 5; Beat Terry Haddock, Tommy Johnson Jr., Robert Hight, Lost to Matt Hagan
Gatornationals: Qual, No. 11; Lost to Jack Beckman

Noteworthy: Todd is looking for his third consecutive win at The Strip at Las Vegas Motor Speedway​

fe2e8aa8-8655-485f-9575-e988299c0322.jpg
Top Fuel Points Leader Doug Kalitta Racing for First Vegas Four-Wide Win

Doug Kalitta continues to show the world of motorsports he is one of the toughest and best racers to every pull on a firesuit. The veteran racer started the season with a win at the historic NHRA Winternationals and he has continued to succeed grabbing the points lead after a semifinal finish at the Gatornationals. Heading to The Strip at Las Vegas Motor Speedway Kalitta is looking for his first win in the four-wide format.

2018 Las Vegas Highlights: Qualified No. 6; Beat Brittany Force and Terry Haddock; Beat Richie Crampton and Leah Pritchett; Lost to Steve Torrence and Tony Schumacher.
Last Event Recap (2019 Gainesville): Qual. 11; Beat Terry McMillen, Steve Torrence; Lost to Clay Millican

Quotable:The Four-Wide Nationals whether we are racing in Las Vegas or Charlotte is a fan favorite I think. For the racers there is a lot going on and that makes it different. This is just our second time to be racing four wide in Las Vegas but I like our chances. We made it to the last quad last year and this is really the goal. You want to have a shot at the end of Sunday. ”

Career Stats: 492 Race; 45 Wins; 52 Runner-ups; 49 No. 1 qualifiers; Career round wins 659

2019 Season:
Winternationals: Qual. No. 7; WINNER; Beat Scott Palmer, Billy Torrence; Terry McMillen and Steve Torrence
Arizona Nationals: Qual. No. 5; Beat Jim Maroney; Lost to Jordan Vandergriff
Gatornationals: Qual. No. 11; Beat Terry McMillen, Steve Torrence; Lost to Clay Millican

2ab0b463-ad7f-44a4-99d8-a209de2819c9.jpg
Shawn Langdon Looking to Las Vegas for Early Season Success

Shawn Langdon enters his sophomore year in the Funny Car class with new leadership, as the addition of Del Worsham brings his talent to join Nicky Boninfante as co-crew chief. The Global Electronic Technology Funny Car team has raced their way into the Top Ten with solid qualifying efforts and early round wins.

2018 Las Vegas Highlights: Qualified No. 14 and was ousted in the first quad
Last Event Recap (2019 Gainesville): Qual 10; Lost to Cruz Pedregon

Quotable: Langdon on the addition of Del Worsham as co-crew chief: “The addition of Del is monumental for this team because what he brings to the table. He fully understands these cars and can help each individual crew guy to be better in their area. I think for me one of the huge plusses is the fact that Del is a championship driver…we speak that driver language to one another…he understands exactly what I’m saying and he can tell me how to improve.”

Career Stats: 235 Races, 14 Wins, 16 Runner-ups, 18 No. 1 qualifiers, Career round wins 265 (includes 18 Funny Car round wins)

2019 Season:
Winternationals: Qual No. 6; Beat Jim Campbell; Lost to Tommy Johnson Jr.
Arizona Nationals: Qual No. 7; Beat Cruz Pedregon; Lost to Matt Hagan
Gatornationals: Qual No. 10; Lost to Cruz Pedregon

Noteworthy: Langdon is looking be become just the 17th racer to win in both Top Fuel and Funny Car.​

d189208e-0fa5-4b84-973b-7a8d33c93273.jpg
Crampton Striving for Second Consecutive Win in 2019

Richie Crampton is rolling into Las Vegas ready to take on the toughest Top Fuel drivers in recent memory in the unique four-wide format for only the second time at The Strip. The DHL backed driver raced to the second quad in 2018 after qualifying No. 11. In 2015 Crampton earned his best four-wide finish racing to the final quad at the race contested in Charlotte.

2018 Las Vegas Highlights: Qualified No. 11 and advanced to second quad

Last Event Recap (2019 Gainesville): Won 50th annual Gatornationals for second year in a row, Qual. No. 12 and defeated Antron Brown, Leah Pritchett, TJ Zizzo and Clay Millican
Quotable: Crampton on winning back to back Gatornationals: "This is just a big race no matter what year you win it. There were not too many easy rounds this year. That goes to tell you how difficult this Top Fuel category is. I think this win is going to take a while to sink in. I'm so lucky to have a team that puts me in a position to win like this. I'm just focusing to be a dependable driver."

Career Stats: 106 races, 9 wins, 2 Runner-ups, 5 No. 1 qualifiers and Career Record 92-96

2019 Season:
Winternationals: Qual. No. 6, Lost to Terry McMillen round one
Arizona Nationals: Qual. No. 15, Lost to Terry McMillen round one
Gatornationals:Qual. No. 12, WINNER, Defeated, Antron Brown, Leah Pritchett, TJ Zizzo and Clay Millican

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back