Tasca's Back for 2018? (1 Viewer)

Jack

Nitro Member
Just read on Competition Plus that Bob Tasca will be back full time for 2018 with Ford as the major sponser picking up 16 races on the schedule. I met Bob at a car show last summer and he mentioned that he was actively talking with Ford then about a full pull. Looks like the conversation went well if true

seeing how the mustang body he is running is a little out dated, I wonder if he will design a newer mustang... or change the stickers on a camaro? it worked the other way for Force.;)

seeing how the mustang body he is running is a little out dated, I wonder if he will design a newer mustang... or change the stickers on a camaro? it worked the other way for Force.;)

I also wonder if he will still go to the boat shop in Rhode Island that specializes in carbon fiber work. I know that is what he has done in the past.

auto sales are way up again this year. and they weren't forecasting the 2nd half of '17 to be as good as it has been and will finish. wonder if that parlays into available money for motorsports?

I was thinking Force has the Mustang body Mold and bodies.Wilk was getting them from him .

auto sales are way up again this year. and they weren't forecasting the 2nd half of '17 to be as good as it has been and will finish. wonder if that parlays into available money for motorsports?

Companies that large are running business 5 years out, I doubt a decent year changes what they are spending on NHRA sponsorship

Just saw one of the press releases on the deal Ford Racing has 16 races as primary and then the balance of the season as associate sponsor. He also still has a deal with Schumacher for parts and I am assumin , assistance. Glad to have him back, should be good!

While I don't recall Tasca's personal bests, I know he ran some competitive numbers, and Wilkerson has run real strong, including 330+, so that Mustang is probably not too bad at this point.

According to the press release 3.892 and just over 326 mph. Had several runs in the 3.90's on a limited schedule and budget. He should be a player next season.

over the years have heard a few of the driver's speaking skills as they talk to folks in their pit hospitality. it is rather amazing
how well some of them do speaking publicly.......bob is one of them. a really good spokesperson.

If you're going to be in the car business, you learn early on how to talk. :D But, I agree, and look forward to having Tasca back on tour.

Let’s see how the hemi powered ford holds up! LOL
It’s awesome to have Tasca back. He has been running strong!

Last edited:

Part of the article said "Ford Performance will help the team make the car as “slippery” as possible through the company’s investments in aerodynamics engineering, including racing and production vehicle wind tunnels." So it sounds like they will be working on improving the body.

Part of the article said "Ford Performance will help the team make the car as “slippery” as possible through the company’s investments in aerodynamics engineering, including racing and production vehicle wind tunnels." So it sounds like they will be working on improving the body.
Well that's cool. I tell ya', I was never a Mustang fanatic, but, the latest versions coming out of Ford are just badass!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back