TAD championship (1 Viewer)

She did good. I wanted Shawn Cowie to win, but maybe next year. The A/FD cars sure have picked up at the end of the year. Megan has a really good team.

Do "quickest side by side" designations only count during eliminations or can it be in qualifying too? 🤔

It depends on who you ask! LoL At Virginia Motorsports Park in qualifying last week, TJ and Dan Mercier went 5.14 (TJ) and 5.12 (DM) side by side. Quickest side by side run. Not racing, but it was an official run.

Debate away!

Alan

It depends on who you ask! LoL At Virginia Motorsports Park in qualifying last week, TJ and Dan Mercier went 5.14 (TJ) and 5.12 (DM) side by side. Quickest side by side run. Not racing, but it was an official run.

Debate away!

Alan

I would think 2 official runs next to each other should count... but the official NHRA statistics and NHRA media guide don't agree lol.

Debate away!

Alan
WHEN do you think parity will come back-??? I know everyone thinks its equal- kiss the blown cars goodbye-debate on-I will stand by and listen-

Alan, I heard you say on the broadcast it was the quickest & fastest race in history. That's why I posted it. So it's your fault. hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha (Just kidding!)

I can think of 3 blown alky dragsters that could run 5.15 under the right conditions. Cowie, Severance and Demke. Cowie & Severance have been over 280 as well. OK, if the A/FD get out of hand, then NHRA needs to bring back the C screw blower. Parity will come back real quick. :)

I agree with Mike K. The injected cars look to be .05 or so quicker than the blown cars if you're counting best run to best run. But as Cliff pointed out conditions have something to do with it as well. And with Joey winning the last 4 Championships with Shawn hot on his heels, you would be hard pressed to convince anyone that they can't compete.

Alan

I agree with Mike K. The injected cars look to be .05 or so quicker than the blown cars if you're counting best run to best run. But as Cliff pointed out conditions have something to do with it as well. And with Joey winning the last 4 Championships with Shawn hot on his heels, you would be hard pressed to convince anyone that they can't compete.

Alan

To kind of piggy back off that....this is the first time an A/Fuel car has won the championship since 2011. That's pretty damning to the "lack of parity" argument.

Even with almost perfect parity, different combos will do better or worse under different conditions.

Back to the Meyer Family, CONGRATULATIONS for the year that they have had and all the efforts from Drivers and crew personnel, lots of pieces to that puzzle. Megan did a great job in the Drivers compartment to put the icing on the cake. They deserve all the praise for a job well done.

RMR has a very impressive operation, and great drivers to make the passes. Impressive to both see the consistently fast complete runs and the progression of the drivers with their reaction times. Randy races about as much as the typical super comp/big money bracket race professional racer .... he clearly has a lot of things working right and has a well earned championship.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back