suite sales (1 Viewer)

mick

Nitro Member
when hosting a golf outing/fundraiser, often the profit does not come from
greens fees, food and beverage sales, it comes from individual hole sponsors.
in the same manner, private suites are a tremendous profit center to
compliment standard admission fees and concessions for a sports venue.

what came first?
did owners/sports venues figure out the suite market existed?
or
did corporate america demand luxury and the suite market was invented?

nhra:
- are suite sales split nhra/track?
- who's allowed to rent them? owners/sponsors? anyone?

Mike.... not sure about the NHRA.. but anyone that is willing to pay the fee for a suite in NASCAR can get them.. lot of companys had them but i know of several individuals that get them also (don't sponsor or own a car)... they give some of the tickets for the suite back to the track to sell and that comes off the finial price. Tracks control them but NASCAR gets their cutt also...

LG DeWitt who built Rockingham Dragway and the North Carolina Speedway has been credited for the first Cup track with them.. he built them for some of his busines partners and his family to sit in out of the heat.. after that many sponsors began to inquire.

Billy

......LG DeWitt who built Rockingham Dragway and the North Carolina Speedway has been credited for the first Cup track with them.. he built them for some of his busines partners and his family to sit in out of the heat.. after that many sponsors began to inquire..............

wonder rockingham took it's cue from other sports or was original idea
that other sports copied?
every sport's gottem' now and they're all within the last 45 yrs. or so.

Last edited:
oh yeah nothing new to NFL or even MLB...

Was there a drag strip before Bristol that had suites?.. i know when it was built the tower included them like the ROCKs does in its tower, which was built after Bristol...

Billy

I sat in one of the suites the last three years they ran here in Memphis. Air conditioning, hot food & cold sodas, cushy chairs, closed circuit TV... (ect.)

It ruined me. A local construction company rented the floor I was in.

Ontario Motor Speedway had them. I was a guest of Peterson Publishing for the Supernationals one year. Great watching from up there.

Wow, I had no idea they went back to the 60's. Here's a little factoid for you... my parents were the very 1st private individuals to lease a suite in the Pontiac Silverdome when it opened in 1975! 8 suites were sold before them to companies like GM, Edison, KMart, Big Boy, etc :D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back