Stivers ready to Make some Noise in Thunder Valley (1 Viewer)

Stivers ready to Make some Noise in Thunder Valley

BRISTOL, Tenn. - Coming off of one of his best qualifying performances this year to date AMS Pro Mod Challenge competition at Englishtown, New Jersey, Rick Stivers, driver of the Chuck Ford-tuned '67 Camaro Pro Mod, said he's ready to make some noise at this weekend's O'Reilly NHRA Thunder Valley Nationals in Bristol, Tenn.

"It's time," the Lexington, Kentucky resident said.

"I was so glad for Chuck [Ford, Stivers' tuner] and Tim Tindle when they won at Englishtown, because they really deserved a win. This week, I'm ready to shake it up and have a shot in the winner's circle," he said.

"My team and I have worked over the last two weeks to make sure we're ready, and, with Chuck's record at this track, and with what we've found in my car, I really think everything is lining up to be a great weekend.

"I don't want to take anything away from [series points leader] Josh Hernandez, because he has been unstoppable all year, but, I really want to get some new blood up there and mix things up. I think the fans want that, too - and I'm ready to give them a show.

"I know the story will be told after Sunday, but I feel better than I ever have about my chances, and I'm ready to go make it happen," Stivers said.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back