Chuck Ford to Tune for Rick Stivers in AMS Pro Mod Challenge (1 Viewer)

Chuck Ford to Tune for Rick Stivers in AMS Pro Mod Challenge

COMMERCE, Ga. - Rick Stivers, driver of the jet-black '67 Camaro Pro Mod, announced he will be utilizing the tuning prowess of World Champion crew chief Chuck Ford at the remainder of the events in the AMS Staff Leasing Pro Modified Challenge presented by Tindle Enterprises, Inc. Beginning this weekend at the Summit Racing Equipment NHRA Southern Nationals at Atlanta Dragway, Ford will be calling the shots for the veteran-racer in addition to his regular tuning responsibilities as tuner for Tim Tindle's Tindle Enterprises, Inc.-sponsored Mustang. According to Stivers, the help is something he's been wanting for a long time.

"I really am tired of getting so close and not being able to close the deal," Stivers said. "I spent a lot of time talking with Tim Tindle, trying to convince him to let Chuck consult with me on my car, so I'm really excited that he finally agreed, and I am extremely grateful to Tim and his entire operation.

"I made a lot of wholesale changes to the car, and with Chuck's help, I really feel like I've got a machine that can chase the leaders - and maybe even run some 5.90's or even 5.80s.

"You can be a good driver and have the best equipment in the world, but without someone calling the shots who really knows how to get the most out of everything given the conditions, it just doesn't work. Chuck has proven that he can make those calls, and I'm incredibly excited to have him join my team," the Lexington, Kentucky resident said.

Having competed at only one event thus far in 2007, Stivers is looking to move up drastically in the points chase, hopefully into the top ten within the next three races. He currently has 127 points.

Ford remains the crew chief on Tim Tindle’s Ford Mustang Pro Mod, and will be working with Stivers as a consultant tuner. For Stivers, however, having Ford on his side is a competetive advantage he’s banking on.

"I'm a competitor, through and through. I think that with this move, I'll be able to make some really good moves and start playing where I know I can," Stivers said.

Qualifying in the third of ten events in the AMS Pro Mod Challenge is scheduled for 3:15 and 6:15 p.m. on Friday, April 27 and at 11:15 a.m. Saturday morning. Eliminations are scheduled to begin at 2:15 p.m. Saturday and conclude on Sunday, April 29.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back