Steve Torrence (1 Viewer)

What was Steve Torrence issue with the track in the semi's
Just watched that round again on the Fox show. Noticed that he was coming in pretty hot and looked like he was wanting to stay straight and coast it out into the desert, but the safety safari guy was frantically waving at him to make the turnoff, so he yanked it to the left and came around the corner pretty fast. Might be what he was mad about. And this is just an observation on my part, I could be completely wrong here.

The Safari person had some stones because I thought Langdon or his chutes was going to snatch him/her on the way by earlier.

Also looked like a Safari truck was in Torrence’s lane that he went by at a pretty fast pace. If I saw that correctly, that might have been one of those things where they thought he would stop so they rolled out.

I came on here hoping that somebody was gonna bring that up. I had to rewind both of those runs multiple times because I don’t think I’ve ever seen that before. First the Saftey safari truck being so close to Steve when he was still going pretty fast and then the very next run Langdon FLYING past the worker standing in the middle of the lane. Glad nobody was hurt, could’ve been ugly.

First I was shocked that a track guy was standing in the middle of the track as Langdon flew by; then entertained by watching Langdon do some off-roading in a TF car from the "way down there in the scrub" turnout. One of the exhibition Fuel Altereds was coming in pretty hot and locked up the brakes trying to make the turnout. It looked like maybe a track official was directing him to exit earlier than he had planned.

For an organization that is all about safety in the sportsman ranks, the truck on the track as Torrence blows by has me shaking my head. It's not like he is stopped and on fire. Not to overshadow the fact that the Southwest Ramp tech directing traffic from the center of the track. What the hell. Luck the Langdon chute didn't take him for a ride.

I remember the time Doug Kalitta thought he was still in his Sprinter. Dirt tracking the TF car at the end of the track

no need to call names.
This is the next pair after Torrence, when Langdon drove into the desert. Looks like this guy doesn't value his own life.

Come On Man. Put your feelers back in your purse. Terry raced longer than you have been breathing.

We watched as a top end personel was collected in a chute a year or two ago and injured.

This guy just stands there - ✋ Sorry folks, park's closed...

Attachments

• langdon.jpg
    langdon.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 183
This is the next pair after Torrence, when Langdon drove into the desert. Looks like this guy doesn't value his own life.

Come On Man. Put your feelers back in your purse. Terry raced longer than you have been breathing.

We watched as a top end personel was collected in a chute a year or two ago and injured.

This guy just stands there - ✋ Sorry folks, park's closed...

My feelings are just fine. I'm not calling names nor am I resorting to insults. I didn't question how long someone has been racing. I stand by what I said.

If a similar incident to what happened with Langdon happened with Torrence, I don’t blame him for being upset. A gust of wind the wrong way and you have someone’s broken neck on your conscience.
I'm afraid it would have been much worse than just the neck. I hope they find that track worker a different position asap. Unbelievable.

Considering the track prep and the safety crew's action at the top end. Was there a bunch of new people involved?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back