Starting Second, Line Looks for Big Things in Las Vegas (1 Viewer)

On the strength of a 6.624-second, 207.66 mph pass recorded on his opening attempt on Friday afternoon, Summit Racing Pro Stock driver Jason Line earned the second starting position for Sunday’s final eliminations of the Big O Tires NHRA Nationals in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Although his initial attempt remained his run of record, Line was equally strong in the remaining three sessions, posting no worse than the second quickest elapsed time in each to continue to amass valuable bonus points as he looks to secure his second Full Throttle championship. However, armed with a fast and consistent race car, Line enters Sunday’s final eliminations at The Strip at Las Vegas Motor Speedway with designs on clinching the title in style.

“I feel good going into race day,” said Line. “We made three good runs in qualifying and I believe we know where the edges are with this Summit Racing Pontiac, so we should have a car capable of winning. However, there are several tough competitors out there with the same idea, and as close as the field is, it’s going to be a challenge, but that’s what it’s like in Pro Stock today.

“Our goal for Sunday is to do our best to go through and seal this championship by winning this race. What we have to do in front of us is simple, it’s cut and dry. It’s just up to us to make it happen. We have the tools and the people in place to do it, and I’d like nothing more than to do it here in Las Vegas, which is Ken Black’s home town. This team has had some tremendous days here on The Strip, and we’re hoping to add to another one tomorrow.”

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back