Sportsman Driver Hits Wall at Atco (1 Viewer)

rocketman

Nitro Member
I just saw this and thought we should show our concerns for this driver as well.

Francis Ross, 56, of Milford, N.H., was driving his 2004 Chevy Cavalier when he lost control and crashed into the wall, state police said. The car caught fire and Ross' face was burnt.

Here's the link:

Atco Raceway crash injures N.H. driver

Absolutely. It looks like he's likely a Super Gas driver, and needs our prayers all the same. This happend yesterday.

Chick Ross runs Top Sportsman.

Quoted from Northeastdragracing.com

Joe Taff:

All racers, we need to say our prayers for Chick tonight.

Chick was in a very bad accident in Atco, NJ today.

He crashed at 191 mph. wind caught the parachute and sent him into the
wall.

He has 1st 2ed and 3ed degrees burnes and other complications.

I know you will all join me in saying some prayers.

Chick GET WELL

stevegregoire:
Update.
It 9:30am friday. i just got of the phone with Francis.. he said that Chick has an injury to his kidney area, 2nd degree burns to his face, they are inspecting his mouth and throat for burns this morning, and he has some bleeding in his brain... the doctors told him that it doesn't appear that anything is life threatening at this time. He will know more this morning when further testing is done. They have him drugged up to remain unconscious for his own good..
Francis has been told that Chick was awake in the ambulance ride. So thats a good sign.. So suffice it to say that, he took a hell of a pounding, and is in rough shape... ill let you guys know more when i hear it.. I told francis about everyone's concern on the internet, and he sends his thanks.

Last edited:
He and his family will be in my prayers. I hope he will have as speedy a recovery as possible, and a complete recovery.

The news story said it was Frances Ross that was driving. I'm assuming this is his wife and the paper got the names mixed up?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back