Spectator side at Gainesville (1 Viewer)

Bobby

Nitro Member
The stands they 've put up over there in place of the old wooden stands are a major improvement. Big kudos to NHRA and Gainesville Raceway for putting those up. Anyone with a GA ticket could find a great place to sit if they wanted and that has not been true in the past. Those stands go all the way to the 1000' , and if it weren't for the TV crane perched right in front of the last section you could see the finish line perfectly.

I hope they don't catch on. I moved around , came and went as I wanted without worry about getting a good seat when I came back, it was great.

I 'm hoping that finish line camera is 320 to the left next year ;)

Bob, it looked like a stout-sized crowd there in G'Ville, at least on the tube. Didn't look much like the recession was "killing the sport" as so many here seem to worry. What's your take on that? Same or smaller crowd from prior years?

not sure what show you were watching but it looked like almost a whole set a seats toward the end were empty and when they showed a few close up shots there were empty seats scattered around all the grandstands....

It was as jam packed this year as it has been in recent years. There's always a few scattered empty seats here and there from people walking around,etc.

the second section of pit side reserved grandstands was maybe 2/3 full and that is not usual at all. It is usually packed. There were not as many people standing. They were 6 deep at the starting line but not at half track. There were not as many people there as usual . I 'll post some pictures tonight.

IT seemed to me Friday and Sunday were lighter attendance than years past, but Saturday was jammed . Used to be all 3 days were like that.

near end of article track owner makes attendance statement.
no surprise there are no hard number/s.
why have nhra attendance figures become so secretive?

Tasca, Dixon pull off upsets at NHRA Gatornationals -- OrlandoSentinel.com

.......dixon's upset:rolleyes:

Mike.. not just NHRA's numbers are secretive....all sporting events are...lol... Marketing Dept ads 10 to 15% for extra power.... Track owners take off 10 to 15% for cash sales for the IRS ........

thats always been the old joke....lol

Billy

near end of article track owner makes attendance statement.
no surprise there are no hard number/s.
why have nhra attendance figures become so secretive?

Tasca, Dixon pull off upsets at NHRA Gatornationals -- OrlandoSentinel.com

.......dixon's upset:rolleyes:

I think Mike is on to something here; the Minneapolis paper used to always publish the attendace after the nationals in Brainerd, but they havent for at least 10 years now. I always thought it was the papers lack of skilled jornalism, but it must be everywhere.

The paper used to publish the event front page of the sports section; but for the last 5 years the largest motorsports event in the entire state on MN now only gets sports section page 2 coverage these days (sorry, a little off topic, but it still blows my mind that it's only on page 2). :mad:

There was a big difference in our section this year much much smaller and no one was standing. We are in sec. cc and yes they moved the flags and moved the big screens so every one could see them. now if we can get some permanent rest rooms ......:cool:

That is another thing I wanted to mention - the screens were much better placed this year, and the flags were gone , good point I remember we complained about that last year. It really was a good time this year.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back