Some interesting GIRLPOWER RACING notes (1 Viewer)

BaldyLochs

Nitro Member
In the wake of J. R. Todd's amazing season, I am still impressed with what Hillary Will and her crew & owners did this year:

Assembled a very tight group of employees in a short time - some who never worked together before; or even on a nitro motor.
New car, new hauler, new parts, new tools .... new everything.
Her Crew Chief Jim-O only in his 3rd year as the sole-pit boss....
Clocked a career best ET of 4.482, best speed at 328.78.
They went down the racetrack 138 times, and of that only had a "bad" run 32 times..... the least of any Kalitta car.

2 Final round appearances & 1 event win (IHRA included).... and made the top 10.

All in all a damn impressive performance by Hillary's group. And it's quite a message to all the veteran drivers out there that "the newbies" both JR & Hill made. And we all know they're both only going to get better!!!!
I am proud of both of them. Go get 'em in '07!!!!!!

JR certainly deserved the ROY award. That team was quite impressive. Personally, I hope JR and Hillary both do well next year. A few wins a piece would be nice. I am already itchy for 2007 to start.

true about j r todd but hillary was a true rookie no top fuel expercience at all
but how many top fuel races has j r ran over the years in ihra as well as making passes in gilby's funny car and testing in other peoples funny car and top fuel car as well?

We are HUGE Hillary fans in my house. My daughter has a couple of pictures of her on her walls. I think she did an awesome job this year. She came in with alot of preassure on her, had some rookie growing pains (like everybody does) and came through it with flying colors. I can't wait to see how well she does next year.

true about j r todd but hillary was a true rookie no top fuel expercience at all
but how many top fuel races has j r ran over the years in ihra as well as making passes in gilby's funny car and testing in other peoples funny car and top fuel car as well?
rick,welcome to the mater.
isn't there a huge truck stop in walcott on I-80? (i grew up in your area)
it's great to see all the young blood coming up in the sport, but in JR's case,
i'm happy for j. walsh. he's moved around on a few different teams in the
last few years and seems to have found the 'sweet spot' with this torco team.
they've certainly hit on something that has given them remarkable
consistency; i hope they can maintain it going into '07. it will be interesting to
see what changes will be implemented by dan olson.

I'm not going to Pit Hillary vs JR, just that they are Both Future stars who have a LOT to offer. I've met JR once last year when he worked for Gilby but I don't know him very well, Hillary I met at Seattle in '05 when she still ran in Alky Dragster and she's always been very friendly to all her fans. :D

Last edited:
In the wake of J. R. Todd's amazing season, I am still impressed with what Hillary Will and her crew & owners did this year:

Assembled a very tight group of employees in a short time - some who never worked together before; or even on a nitro motor.
New car, new hauler, new parts, new tools .... new everything.
Her Crew Chief Jim-O only in his 3rd year as the sole-pit boss....
Clocked a career best ET of 4.482, best speed at 328.78.
They went down the racetrack 138 times, and of that only had a "bad" run 32 times..... the least of any Kalitta car.

2 Final round appearances & 1 event win (IHRA included).... and made the top 10.

All in all a damn impressive performance by Hillary's group. And it's quite a message to all the veteran drivers out there that "the newbies" both JR & Hill made. And we all know they're both only going to get better!!!!
I am proud of both of them. Go get 'em in '07!!!!!!

Great post Chris! These guys did so great this year as well as Hillary. I am so proud of everyone and even prouder to be affiliated with such a great team!! :D

And it's nice to see a very successful car owner in one class spread his reach to another class and make an immediate impact. Ken & his wife literally spare no expense. They could have hired anybody in the world for thier top fuel program - and I absolutley believe the folks on that team right now are as good as it gets. Like I said - if anything it certainly makes for a bright future.
Like Hillary said ....whoulda' thought - sitting in the staging lanes last February waiting to run session 1 at pomona... that she'd be standing on stage at the banquet in November. I'm sure J.R. feels the same.

to mike larson
yes the worlds largest truck stop is less than 5 miles from my house at exit 284 on i 80. but more imporant is how close cordova dragway is to me as well as joilet and gateway. also thanks for the welcome i have been lurking for more then a few years. just learned along time ago if i keep my mouth shut i learn more. i was not trying to get anybody upset about JR and hillary.JR has earned everything he has won that is for sure. just that i feel hillary was more of a true rookie this past season.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back