So, we're goin to Carolina? (1 Viewer)

anything from hurricanes to to mid 80-90 to nice mid 70's... late summer days, don't like it, wait a couple of days, it will change. please note that storm tend to hit a little up the coast from Charlotte so they just get the edge of the storms... kinda like up here 200 miles north, 3 weeks later...

in other words, heck it could be just about anything....

d'kid

I agree with Karl. I have been to the Nascar race a few weeks later in early October a number of times and I have seen all kinds of weather from highs in the low 60's to highs in the upper 80's. It will be a crap shoot and I can only hope there is nothing falling from the sky because I am planning on attending the race.

Well, it sounds better than... wait, it sounds EXACTLY like Maple Grove..:p

Crap... Backtracking from Texas will be a biotch.....:rolleyes:

I was comfortably delivering cabinets around Boston last week in a T-shirt while snow was still piled up all around. I'd say anything's possible. :)

Hopefully weather histor won't repeat itself.... i think September was the ONLY month we got rain in 07....lol.....

Billy

Well, it sounds better than... wait, it sounds EXACTLY like Maple Grove..:p

Crap... Backtracking from Texas will be a biotch.....:rolleyes:

NHRA,needs to go to school on economics. You have a 5 star track on the way to Dallas from Indy that has excellent weather and has set records every year they raced in the fall. HEARTLAND PARK it always sells out in fall and racers love the track. I am all for a track in N.C. and maybe a few other stops as well. I would like to see at least 30+ races a year, it would be good for the sport and TV. I don't know if NHRA understands that we have a serious fuel problem and getting the races organized better would sure help the race teams expense.:rolleyes:

I'm with you Ron. Charlotte will be a great venue for this sport ..I've been to Charlotte for a Bowl game in December ..weather was in the 60's ..It will be fine ..

September is a great month in Carolina. It will be 90's or 80's. And you'll find everything you need within 2 miles of the track. I do mean everything.

Texas Steakhouse, Longhorn, Olive Garden, Red Lobster, Panera Bread Co, TGI Friday's, McDonalds, Wendy's, HOOTER's, Quaker Steak and Lube, Concond Mills Mall, Hotels, ..... and if you care the Hendrick Motorsports/ and Museum is only 5 minutes from the track.

If anybody has any questions please PM me.

This may not apply to anyone reading it or may be too far out to matter but, if you're travelling down I-77, at exit #82 there's a nice family owned buffet restaurant named Jordan's. Quite often has BBQ ribs and southern style pinto beans that are to die for. If you're a driver and you tell them, your drink's free and your grand total will be less than seven bucks. There's room to get semi-trucks in their lot. They're at the southest side of the interchange.

There's also a very decent family owned restaurant on the left if you go west on Westinghouse (I-77, exit #1). Forget the name of it but there's a bar in the same parking lot. Likewise, plenty of room for trucks.

Last edited:
I'm grabbing a couch at a friend's house, running down on the tenth, touch base with our store in Charlotte, (it's a business trip guys) and head home on Monday... great way to spend my birthday(Friday)... then do it all over again a couple of weeks later at VMP....

d'kid

I forgot Cracker Barrel. HOLY COW! How could I forget Cracker Barrel. :D

LOL, I think they're pretty much everywhere. I eat at one in CT regularly ("Yes, I want the gravy! Yes, I want the grits! Why do you think I came to Cracker Barrel? To get a bagel?")

Cracker Barrel's where northerners go to order wheat toast!

Cracker Barrel - the only place I eat meatloaf now that Mom has passed away. They must have sneaked into her kitchen and stolen the recipe...

NHRA,needs to go to school on economics. You have a 5 star track on the way to Dallas from Indy that has excellent weather and has set records every year they raced in the fall. HEARTLAND PARK it always sells out in fall and racers love the track. I am all for a track in N.C. and maybe a few other stops as well. I would like to see at least 30+ races a year, it would be good for the sport and TV. I don't know if NHRA understands that we have a serious fuel problem and getting the races organized better would sure help the race teams expense.:rolleyes:

Fuel for a transporter Tennessee / Las Vegas = $1200.00 ea way, a year ago prices, diesel fuel is a buck higher now

Waffle house is pretty good, my dad and I always have breakfast there in G-ville. Gets pretty darn crowded, though.

i had a nice little 20 minute stop at the Waffle House when i made my way down to Orlando on tuesday night.....i had to stop at the next rest stop for 30 :p:p:p

Leaving the speedway on 29S going back to Charlotte, you'll find Stool Pigeons on the right. I great place with many TVs, lots of beer, and lots of UNCC talent.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back