Snap-On Signs 3 year Extension with Cruz Pedregon (1 Viewer)

Exceptional news given the climate. Cruz really has put his best foot forward with the rebuild of his team. I’m intrigued to know what sort of value Snap On get out of sponsoring a car in the NHRA, particularly with Cruz - there’s no big B2B contra deal there. NHRA isn’t the most high profile sport and nor is Cruz the most popular driver (probably the most resilient though!).

I’m intrigued to know what sort of value Snap On get out of sponsoring a car in the NHRA, particularly with Cruz .

One thing I've noticed this off season is that Cruz's team has been really active on social media with 1-2 posts a day. That puts a lot of eyeballs on you and gets the brand out there. Personally I've never been the biggest Pedregon fan but it would be cool to see him have a good solid season and maybe win a few races to reward his hard work.

cruz takes a lot of flack for rotating employees......the guy has been a fixture out there forever; and for most of it running his own deal, and almost all
of the years with significant backing.......oh, and two #1's ........ zed, i couldn't agree more. cruz's team has used social media in this off season as well as or better than any
other nhra pro teams. i have always pulled for cruz, and am very glad to see his career of owning/driving and relationship with snap-on continuing.
i can only hope that antron can do some of the same, hopefully if his career as an owner develops and hopefully retaining matco for many more years.

I seem to remember someone saying that the Snap-On support of Cruz was mainly about attracting new franchisees (as opposed to selling tools), and drag racing provided a good place to do that. I can't remember where I heard that or when so take it with a few grains of salt.

Snap-On is one of very few remaining American-made tool companies. Their quality, at least in my experience, is second to none.
About 40 years ago, I found a Snap-On 1/4” ratchet with a 3/8” socket in the middle of a busy road. I stopped my Duster in the middle of the road and grabbed the ratchet. It had obviously been run over several times, but it worked great for about 25 years. The ratchet had started slipping. I took it to a Snap-On truck to see if I could get it fixed. The guy did it right there on the spot. Even though I offered, he wouldn’t take any money for repairing it.
I no longer need my tools for making money, but I still like to work on cars.
Fortunately, there are a couple of Snap-On trucks in the area.
Anytime I need to get new tools, it’s always Snap-On.

Edit: I still have, and use, that 1/4” ratchet.

Last edited:
really like this show. cruz on this episode. really good stuff. great guests. great commentary.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back