"Snake" vs Oswald - 1988 (1 Viewer)

NONE

Nitro Member
Karen Eason photo taken at Atlanta.

Wayne.

OSWALD.jpg

Cool photo!!! I think it's 1987 though. If I recall right, the Motorcraft signs on Oswald's car were straight on the sides in '88. Still, a very neat picture. Oh the memories.

Dave

Cool photo!!! I think it's 1987 though. If I recall right, the Motorcraft signs on Oswald's car were straight on the sides in '88. Still, a very neat picture. Oh the memories.

Dave

You're probably right about the date, I'm guessing on some that were not marked. Oswald's car looks almost like a pro stocker to me.

Wayne.

Back when funny cars still looked like real cars. Wonderful picture. :)

They haven't LOOKED like real cars since the old A/FX days.... that why they are called FUNNY CARS... they looked as weird in their day as everyone thinks floppers do today...

Don't believe me, park any corvair next to doug's headers or Papa Joe's car, any vega next to the Motown Shaker, any 69 charger next to Chi-Town or the Hawaiian...

but then, I've always thought floppers looked right and the street cars looked weird... as if I can tell a stock MoPar from a GM from a Toyota from a Nissan from a what ever that thing parked across the street is...:eek:

d'kid

NHRA needs to mandate more crews to wear red pants! :D And notice there's only like 2 crew guys on each side; compared to today, when you're allowed 12 people up there, I believe it is.

NHRA needs to mandate more crews to wear red pants! :D And notice there's only like 2 crew guys on each side; compared to today, when you're allowed 12 people up there, I believe it is.

Crews must of been smaller back then? Speaking of red pants , do you remember that race sometime this year when John Force ran with the old Castrol colours and all the crew had red pants except Austin Coil . I thought that was funny.

I always loved those Skoal colours. I have a great 35mm photo somewhere of Larry Dixon in the pits in Dallas the year that the Snake moved back to Top Fuel .... and he's got the whole Elvis/jury-curl/mullet looking-thingy hairdoo. It's hilarious. I should dig those pics out and get them scanned.

Great shot. I really miss seeing Buster out on the line too. He and Larry Sutton are my two favorite starters drag racing has ever had.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back