Snake, Hot Wheels Funny Car & Ramp truck on Jay's Garage (1 Viewer)

joey

Nitro Member
Following up on his recent interview with Jay Leno regarding the new "Snake vs. Mongoose" book, Don Prudhomme is interviewed by Jay again.

This time, a 9-minute spot discussing his restored Hot Wheels Funny Car and Ramp Truck transporter.

You can view the segment by visiting Jay Leno's Garage.

Thanks and Happy Holidays!

wow...Snake is the coolest man alive isn't he?

(and what's wrong with Leno?...no nitro in his garage? :D)

Thats cool--thanks for sharing the link. One of the coolest videos I have seen is the one on the NHRA site with Snake driving the truck down the road. Can you imagine the looks he gets out tooling around?

You could be getting those looks Mike if you're the high bidder in Scottsdale in a few weeks. Start going through the cushions for spare change right now!

Car and rig really are perfect and bring back a ton of memories from when I was growing up in Granada Hills. Landy and Prudhomme's rigs were a common sight.

I've read in a few places recently that Snake has changed his mind and will not bring the rig to Scottsdale to sell, choosing rather to hang onto it for a bit. That video with Leno was great, you can tell that Jay is a genuine fan. I remember being at Indy in 1971 when my dad was running A/A, and being a little kid in the thick of the Hot Wheels deal, I went nuts as Tom McEwen's rig pulled in to our hotel. It would be awesome if that one could be discovered and restored.

I believe you are correct Nunzio since the rig is not shown on the BJ site as a vehicle up for this auction.

Obviously Don is a very smart businessman and likely realized that if he is going to put it into an auction setting, that it would bring more $$$ once we have recovered. (economy wise)

Or maybe a private buyer has surfaced; don't know. Either way, the whole restored rig/funny combo is totally flawless and beyond betchen. (had to spell it that way!)

Bet that drew some complaints!:eek:
You should have been there Joe, You would have had a blast and got some great pic's. We cackeled the poachers top fuel car. There were a lot of cars and a lot of racers and race fans. They put on a great event every year. Hope to see you at the winternationals.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back