Shawn Reed to run full time Top Fuel with Rob Wendland as Chief in 2024. (1 Viewer)

I know. I miss Mikey.
He said he had no interest in doing it anymore if it couldn’t be with Clay Millican. I could understand that, who wouldn’t want to be around Clay all the time?

I see Mike’s got something going on as a consultant or similar…I don’t expect he’ll return to Crewing. Just my thoughts.

He said he had no interest in doing it anymore if it couldn’t be with Clay Millican. I could understand that, who wouldn’t want to be around Clay all the time?

I see Mike’s got something going on as a consultant or similar…I don’t expect he’ll return to Crewing. Just my thoughts.
to bad the 2 car planned team didnt work out for RWR

I had not heard about this…can you fill me in?

It might work out yet….
Plan was last year or 2 that was going to be a 2 car team with Vandergriff Driving with Kloeber tuning, but funding never happened

Plan was last year or 2 that was going to be a 2 car team with Vandergriff Driving with Kloeber tuning, but funding never happened
Thank you so much for that detail! So, Millican and Oberhofer, team 1, Vandergriff and Kloeber team 2? I had NOT heard this, any other details or sources you can link to would be very very interesting.

Or did something fall through and it defaulted to Millican/Jim-O?

there was another guy who made very fast licensing TF run in vegas on monday after race. drove the paton family TF'r. can't remember name.
he owns and drives the 'cone hunter' nostalgia FC i think. ....... great news for this new team with rob wedland.
It was fellow Mater Lyle Greenberg. While I can’t speak for Lyle, I think it was more of a bucket list thing for him. I would love to see him run some national events in the future but not sure if that is in the cards. Maybe he will see this thread and chime in.

seems like clay's car is spending enough recently to have fielded a second car. it sucks to see them struggle and break stuff.
No S!@# !!! Holy crap what a string of bad luck. They’ve popped things pretty regularly all season, and it seems to me like maybe that’s a bit out of the ordinary. Lots of fires and explosions and it appears excessive. Jim-O can definitely make it run if it will hold together. I dunno - I root for them constantly but cringe every time they come to the starting line.

Thank you so much for that detail! So, Millican and Oberhofer, team 1, Vandergriff and Kloeber team 2? I had NOT heard this, any other details or sources you can link to would be very very interesting.

Or did something fall through and it defaulted to Millican/Jim-O?
Competition plus reported it last year during the Seattle race. There is a thread on here that discussed it. It was supposed to happen at Indy last year but didn’t. I talked to Vandergriff last year in Indy and he said if they can find the money they would be out in 2023. Obviously that didn’t happen but we can always hope that they can get something done.

yeah, maybe. Would be nice to see two cars under RWR. Hope Rick has deep pockets!

No S!@# !!! Holy crap what a string of bad luck. They’ve popped things pretty regularly all season, and it seems to me like maybe that’s a bit out of the ordinary. Lots of fires and explosions and it appears excessive. Jim-O can definitely make it run if it will hold together. I dunno - I root for them constantly but cringe every time they come to the starting line.
keep in mind they would have to front half both cars anyway for 2024 due to tubing requirement changes so all they are really out is the engine damages. They certainly need to evaluate the engine program in the off time.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back