Scott Kalitta Tribute (1 Viewer)

Suzie Q

Nitro Member
I am still teary eyed over the wonderful tribute peice that was on the 2008 Awards show this morning. I am very proud of Jim & Jon for that lovely peice.

It was like a "letter to a friend" and it was so touching.

I hope you all got to see it.

R.I.P. Scott

Suzie,

There were a lot of misty eyes at the ceremony when they showed that, I hope it will get youtubed so I can see it again. Your brothers did an awesome job.

Alan

if that didnt get anyone teary-eyed then they have no pulse. that was a GREAT letter by the O brothers. total class. r.i.p scott. you will be missed by more than you will ever know

Man that was touching.

Growing up in Michigan the Kalittas were my home town team, I grew up rooting for them.. When Scott starting driving I was 6 or 7 maybe. I always thought it was cool that he got to race with his dad and always hoped that someday I would get to do the same with mine. I miss him out there

If anyone out there is You Tube savvy and can post it, we would greatly appreciate it! I would love to see it again and to send my friends the link.

Hey Alan,

Can you ask the folks at NHRA to post it on their site? I think it is totally appropriate to do that.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Suz

Suzie, Please count me on your friends list when you find it posted on Utube. I would like to see it as well.

Rapid

I agree, it was beautifully done. As soon as I heard Jim & Jon were doing it, I knew it would be from the heart. The pain will never be gone; but to be honest, since about August or so I've kind of backed away from following drag racing and my favorite team minute by minute, just because Scott's accident was so tragic. Today brought back alot of emotions for me. I was OK watching it up until I saw that quick shot of Tammy at the table.... then I lost it. My thoughts and prayers go out to the Kalitta family during this holiday season, which I know will be hard on all of them. I encourage each and every one of you reading this to celebrate your family this Christmas. Tell them you love them, and enjoy every moment you have with them.

As soon as I saw Jim O reading the paper with Scott's car in the background I started to get choked up and I went downhill from there. Well done tribute!! My thoughts are with the Kalitta family during the upcoming holiday season which will surely be tough.

that was the first time I'd seen any pictures of Scott's family. My wife walked in the room and said 'what's the matter' when I was watching it. Then she looked at the screen, put her head down and kept walking. She knew I wouldn't be able to talk. It was very powerful and done with class.

When we were having dessert I said to my mom that we need to set a place for Scott at the Christmas dinner table.

Please keep all of the families of our fallen ones in your prayers this holiday season. I know we have some great folks watching over us.

I was watching the show in the living room while my wife was tending to lunch for our grandkids when the youngest, Cassandra(5) asked, "Mamaw, why are you crying?" as I was covertly wiping my eyes. Kids don't miss much, do they? Again, Suzie......tell the "boys" they did "Eddie" justice!!

Late.................Mitch

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back