Scelzi opinion on ROTY (1 Viewer)

megadeth

Nitro Member
I liked the fact that Gary said what he did about the rookie of the year contestants and pointing out Spencer and Matt both have 1 year of experience behind the wheel of a nitro car!
Langdon and Horne are the only true rookies as far as he is concerned Langdon being his choice. I have to agree!

I also have to agree with Gary. Morgan Lucas also has come public about ROTY, and feels the same way. Go Shawn Langdon!

Haha you guys forget if it didn't happen in nhra it didn't happen haha , at least thats what nhra has apparently gone by for years haha . Though you got to admit not many of them are true rookies . A rookie to me is someone who is sitting in the seat for the first time with no racing experiance at all .

Haha you guys forget if it didn't happen in nhra it didn't happen haha , at least thats what nhra has apparently gone by for years haha . Though you got to admit not many of them are true rookies . A rookie to me is someone who is sitting in the seat for the first time with no racing experiance at all .

Yer so right. Like when Antron went to TF, he was a rookie in TF.
But to call Massey a rookie in TF when he is the '08 TF champ in IHRA, is just wrong.

Come on nhra, yer not the ONLY show on earth. :rolleyes:

I can see both sides of this. From nhra point they are the major leagues and no inentional slap to them but IHRA is the minors.

In baseball and hockey the roy usually played minor league or in the juniors for a few years. Football usually go through college programs.

Personally yeah its hard to take what Langdon is doing on the same level as Massey and his already having a championship in this.

I can see both sides of this. From nhra point they are the major leagues and no inentional slap to them but IHRA is the minors.

In baseball and hockey the roy usually played minor league or in the juniors for a few years. Football usually go through college programs.

Personally yeah its hard to take what Langdon is doing on the same level as Massey and his already having a championship in this.

So can we consider the IHRA a farm league? :p

Same deal when Jason Line was on the ROTY list.I didn't think he should be as he is a former stock eliminator champion.

From nhra point they are the major leagues and no inentional slap to them but IHRA is the minors. QUOTE]

Like you said "from nhra point". Sure they think they are #1.
In baseball is the Natl. league & American league #1 and #2 ?? No.

Both nhra and Ihra are drag racing body's.

American and National both are part of MLB so the comparison is not the same

Same deal when Jason Line was on the ROTY list.I didn't think he should be as he is a former stock eliminator champion.

Yeah...he also had ran the pro stock car at several events the year previous (remember when he put it on its' lid in Columbus?). He beat out Eric Medlen who was a true rookie...

On what criteria do you feel nhra is the "major" and IHRA is minor. ??

I like both and attend both. Minor is not a slam or a bad thing, sure most of the classes are the same but there is a difference.

Look at nitro ET's

or you could just ask how many stars of the I have come over to N? Now how many have gone the other way?

Its not the only show in town but Nhra is the biggest

Another time, another thread for this: But has it ever been considered NHRA vs. IHRA (TF, FC, PS) for an All Star event?

I think a healthy number of the ihra all stars already run some nhra events. How is it determined which side they are on?

IHRA Funny car doesn't exist again

And the 2 pro stock classes are the same by name only, Mountain motor pro stock vs 500in pro stock isn't the same

I think a healthy number of the ihra all stars already run some nhra events. How is it determined which side they are on?

IHRA Funny car doesn't exist again

And the 2 pro stock classes are the same by name only, Mountain motor pro stock vs 500in pro stock isn't the same

And you just cleared all that up!!! :)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back