Satchell Boyz Racing all set for PBSS drag racing opener next month (1 Viewer)

Brandon and Larry Satchell team up for new motorcycle and snowmobile racing series with Kawasaki ZX7 bike

ST. THOMAS, ONTARIO (April 28, 2011) – With a father who has been immersed in local drag racing circles for several decades, it was only natural for Brandon Satchell to want to race.

Starting as an official at St. Thomas Dragway, Brandon’s father Larry Satchell was at the track every weekend, and Brandon would usually tag along, starting at an early age of four.

Now he is in his sixth year of drag racing, and will compete in the Pro Bike & Sled Series presented by Wiseco Performance Products with his 2005 Kawasaki ZX7.

“Brandon has always gone to the races with me,” noted Larry. “The family always came with me. He got interested in racing himself, but took a liking to bikes more than anything.”

The ZX7 features a 1500-cc engine of 200 horsepower between its R&E Chrome Moly tube frame, and a full-throttle five-speed gearbox. The 396-pound bike runs in the high eight-second range.

“It won’t be the fastest down the track, but that doesn’t matter,” said Larry. “The bike is all set up, and Brandon is comfortable with it.”

Larry and Brandon are the main components of the team, known as Satchell Boyz Racing. The crew includes Bill Hope, Shane Yeoman, Randy Hope and Carol Satchell, who is always on hand to offer support for her son and husband.

Some of the team’s highlights over the years include a win at Grand Bend for the 2010 Show Me the Money Tour and the number one qualifying spot during the 2009 IHRA Nitro Jam Nationals held at Grand Bend.

The team is sponsored by Artcal Graphics and Track Announcing Services.

Larry said no big changes are planned for the season, which gets underway May 20-21 for the PBSS opener at the Cayuga Dragway of Toronto Motorsports Park for the Victoria Day Weekend Challenge.

“We should be ready to go for the first race at Cayuga,” he said. “We’re going with no major engine changes. We’ll be there to see if we can qualify, and we’ll step it up if need be.”

The new Pro Bike & Sled Series will feature a field of motorcycles and snowmobiles, which will qualify and compete in their respective divisions, and then the finalist from each side will race for an event championship.

“I think the PBSS is a good idea,” Larry continued. “This has not been offered to bike and sled racers before, and I think once we get the first race under our belt, the series will start to grow fast.”

Attachments

• clip_image002_015.jpg
    clip_image002_015.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 25
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back