SA event entry list?? (1 Viewer)

Does anyone know why they switch to 1/8 mile when. I remember watching race several years ago and it was a 1/4 mile event.

There were track issues there last year that forced them to go to 1/8 mile during the event. Not sure why they maintained it for this year.

I'm not much for 1/8 mile racing. Saw it last year at a local track when it got to late and too dewey for full pulls, I wasn't impressed

With San Antonio Raceway being my home track (I live about 15 miles away from it). The repair at the track last year cost the track owner a ton of money. Why don't you try to find a contractor on a friday night at 11:00pm to gather up a crew on a moments notice, and have them finish the job of removing and repaving an 11' x 600+' patch of asphalt at around 8:00am saturday morning! Also the asphalt used was not the proper mix to be used on a racetrack (had to use whatever asphalt plant that was running with the mixture they were producing, and no they can't instantly change the "mixture") it also take a certain amount of time (depending on the mixture) for the asphalt mixture to cure enough to be used. The thing is SAR wasn't really designed to run cars that goes over 200mph (it was built mainly for bracket racing, the track owner is a bracket racer), so the shutdown is really too short for anything faster that has a parachute or brake problem. Lastly it looks like the IHRA is going to add 2 more 1/8th mile national events in 2009, so this might be a try it and see how it works out type of deal. San Antonio is also the home of LiveNation which is the main reason why they want a national event in their backyard.
On another note I'm looking forward to meet fellow mater's (I can also answer any other questions you may have when we get to meet up), and seeing some old friends there this year.

The primary reason that it will be 1/8 mile again is the on going noise issue with the neighbors at the far end.

The primary reason that it will be 1/8 mile again is the on going noise issue with the neighbors at the far end.

Uh no it's not a noise issue, it's that the guy that lives there at the far end right after the sand trap doesn't care for racecars entering his property.

Uh no it's not a noise issue, it's that the guy that lives there at the far end right after the sand trap doesn't care for racecars entering his property.

If you ever get a chance, ask Dale Creasy Jr. about it. It's one of those classic drag racing stories. He ran off the end there a couple of years ago.

That was then, this is now. I know the owner, the people who work there, and just about everyone who races there way before the track was even thought of being built. I almost practically live there since the track was opened.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back