Rookie-of-year contender hagan scores career-best pass in arizona (1 Viewer)

[coverattach=1]CHANDLER, Ariz.. (Jan. 25, 2009) - NHRA Rookie-of-the-year contender Matt Hagan ran his career-best elapsed time today at the NAPA AUTO PARTS National Time Trials at Firebird Raceway. Hagan, driving the BrakeSafe Rear End Collision Avoidance System Dodge Funny Car, came out strong in his first pass today, posting a 4.091-second elapsed time at 305.56 mph, placing him No. 3 for the weekend. Hagan notched six passes in the last two days.

"We ran my best number I've ever run and that is exciting," said Hagan. "The car is running good. We had little issues this morning, but after that we made another lap this evening (4.191/243.06) and everything is back to normal. We're looking forward to getting back out here tomorrow and having fun again.

"We had a screen in our fuel return that's supposed to protect our race car from anything happening. The screen ended up failing and causing problems. So, preventative stuff that is trying to make the race car better ended up hurting us. It's little things like that you sometimes have problems with.

"These BrakeSafe guys put such a great race car underneath me. Once we go up to the starting line it's totally up to me to do everything I need to do to make it go to the end. And that’s just a great feeling knowing that you have a really fast race car underneath you, and it looks like it's going to be very competitive compared to a lot of the numbers we're seeing come up."

Testing results, including each pass of all drivers participating in the time trials, may be found on Drag Race Central | Presented by Summitracing.com 1-800-230-3030

Attachments

• Hagen_856651.jpg
    Hagen_856651.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 1,015
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back