Ronnie Davis (1 Viewer)

Nunz

Nitro Member
While it happened at a PDRA event, I'm pretty sure Ronnie was instrumental in getting NHRA to include Top Sportsman in their program. He was involved in a horrendous crash this weekend, that he ultimately succumbed to. RIP Ronnie

Ronnie was one of the really great guys. Years ago while I was working for IHRA Ronnie was in the finals in Top Sportsman. His opponent's car was having problems getting started. Ronnie refused to start his car until the other guy got his car started. Ronnie ended up winning but what a class act to for your opponent. RIP Ronnie, you will be missed. Prayers for your friends and family.

in eighth mile racing, gusts of wind or not, once you get out of the groove or crossed up it's best to lift...

seen way too many accidents like this lately

I must have watched that video 30 times by now and I still don't understand why he drove it so far down the track. 1/8th mile race yet it looks like he was in it to at least 1000 ft. I can't believe that Ian Tocher survived being hit by the car. He's in rough shape with serious pelvis and leg injuries, but to even survive that is a miracle. Normally he should have been in a relatively safe shooting position being several hundred feet past the finish line. Freak incident for sure.

I don't follow PDRA, but are all of their races 1/8th mile? I'm like you, Brent. It sure looked like it was much further downtrack than 660'..........

Sean D
Yep, everything is 660'. Their website URL is even www.pdra660.com Doing my best using a stopwatch, Google Earth and the position of the camera that recorded the wreck, the 660' mark was left of the camera and he was still on it long after he went in front of the camera and past to the right. Could his throttle have stuck open? I'm really surprised other videos of the wreck haven't popped up on YT by now considering how many people always have their phones recording.

Yep, everything is 660'. Their website URL is even www.pdra660.com Doing my best using a stopwatch, Google Earth and the position of the camera that recorded the wreck, the 660' mark was left of the camera and he was still on it long after he went in front of the camera and past to the right. Could his throttle have stuck open? I'm really surprised other videos of the wreck haven't popped up on YT by now considering how many people always have their phones recording.

Perhaps the driver suffered a heart attack, or some other medical issue, and was on the throttle....was there an autopsy ??

I don't think he had a medical emergency in the car because he was driving that thing right out of the gate. Stuck throttle is more plausible and could have over corrected in an effort to shut it off. But then again why didn't he hit the chutes?

But a more important question is what do you all hope to gain by analyzing the video? Could be a series of bad circumstances combined with poor decisions also known as an accident. They happen.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back