Ron Capps (1 Viewer)

But, they need to fix the problem with the headers burning off the major sponsors logo.
They tried years ago……. Got nixed….
IMG_7337.jpeg

I kind of like it when the headers fry the decals, shows serious aggression, win @ any cost, no nonsense
The reason the Headers burn the side of the car is because it makes the car Quicker and Faster. NHRA has mandated a distance and angle from the side of the Body to the headers for "Safety" reasons. When the headers direct the exhaust to take the surface tension off the side it basically makes the car "Skinner" or (makes a smaller hole in the air) giving it better Aero. It also takes away having two surfaces that have drag with turbulent air in between. If they would allow it the answer would be to coat the side with some ceramic coating that won't burn and move the sinage somewhere else. You can't see the sinage once the car is moving anyway.

When the weed burner headers were being slowly changed to zoomie-style, on one of my many trips to the original Tucson Dragway, I saw more than one funny car with a painted body set the sides of the car on fire when staging.
Once the car the started rolling the fire went out.
The headers were too close to the body and not angled enough away from it.

When the weed burner headers were being slowly changed to zoomie-style, on one of my many trips to the original Tucson Dragway, I saw more than one funny car with a painted body set the sides of the car on fire when staging.
Once the car the started rolling the fire went out.
The headers were too close to the body and not angled enough away from it.
Like everything else, there's an app for that problem..... :)

Gene Snow had it figured out 50 years ago.

s-l1200.jpg

I think that when cars have headers that exit toward the rear of the car, it kinda ads "thrust", ie: the force of the exhaust is propelling the car at faster speeds. Hope I'm saying that right. Thinking of the old Speed Sport roadster, which at one time in 1950's was quickest anything, even tho it was classified as a Modified Roadster. Exhaust pipes went out the back of the car, under the body. I saw this car run at Firebird in the 1990's and had a sound that was unique. Looking at photo above reminded me of that.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back