Ron Capps' Blog - Houston Recap (1 Viewer)

Kelly

Nitro Member
click here for Ron's Blog

This is definitely a good read. Ron talks about his brother Jon, addresses his remarks about internet forums and shares some thoughts about Eric and safety issues. He also added a couple of pics for us.

Thanks so much for sharing, Ron. :)

Acccording to Ron, Jon will be in the Paul Smith car at Vegas - rumor here is that Phil Burkart is in the car at Vegas. Gonna get crowded in there...and, yeah, we all miss Ed Dykes.

You know, I can't honestly say I ever diskiled Ron, just never really warmed up to him like I did some of the other drivers (Bazemore, Force, Medlen, etc). That has absolutely changed over the past two weeks. I have gained MUCH respect for him, and feel he is truly a class act. I know several racers and owners have really impressed me recently, but Ron seems to stand out in the crowd - maybe because I didn't know enough about him to expect his openess and true compassion in dealing with the loss of Eric.

Ron, thank you.

Brian

You know, I can't honestly say I ever diskiled Ron, just never really warmed up to him like I did some of the other drivers (Bazemore, Force, Medlen, etc). That has absolutely changed over the past two weeks. I have gained MUCH respect for him, and feel he is truly a class act. I know several racers and owners have really impressed me recently, but Ron seems to stand out in the crowd - maybe because I didn't know enough about him to expect his openess and true compassion in dealing with the loss of Eric.

Ron, thank you.

Brian

Funny you should mention Bazemore. I didn't used to care much for him either, but he is growing on me lately too. He still speaks his mind, but does it in a mature way now. Maybe it's marriage and a kid doing it to him? I don't know, but I actually like the guy now, go figure.

Maybe I'm just getting older along with Ron and Whit, lol..

Funny you should mention Bazemore. I didn't used to care much for him either, but he is growing on me lately too. He still speaks his mind, but does it in a mature way now. Maybe it's marriage and a kid doing it to him? I don't know, but I actually like the guy now, go figure.

Maybe I'm just getting older along with Ron and Whit, lol..

I first started to like Whit back in they day when he was an underdog. I'll never forget the picture in ND of his hauler (um, enclosed trailer) with the (spare?) Fast Orange body on the roof.

I can say that I've always been a Ron Capps fan. When he 1st started in the Roger Primm days.

Re Rons Blog = Ron - thank you for sharing from your heart!

Thanks for sharing Kelly

Happy Easter - everyone

Blessings

Bob (aka HotRodCrazyBob) Smith

As a long time observer on this site and never having the stones to post anything because knowing a few things in the world of drag racing isn't worth the hassel of trying to explain "How I found out". But anyways, I happen to be at JFR's shop in Indy the other day and about to leave to go visit Eric's resting place (Godspeed, my friend) Ace walks in with Ron's Wally to give to John Medlen. A couple of the crew guys and myself stood in awe as Ace asked for John. With that being said, Ron --you are definetly a "class act" and kept your promise. I have always been a fan and a friend for several years(though your golf game is spotty) you've demonstrated that there is soft side from the drag racing world and certainly earned the respect from your peers.

Ron - good luck at Vegas!

True words guys and we are glad you see fit to post , I'm sure we are the better for it.
No explanations are needed , we will all miss Eric and that country smile but as Ron expressed so well they do it knowing what could happen but are willing to pay the price to do what they love.
I wouldn't know cause I would pass out If I got over 180 mph while not on an airplane.
I hate the loss but I hate his being so young with so much in front of him even more.
Thanks Kelly for the Link I'm not getting very much seat time at the computer these days but this snow and cold done ruined racing this weekend and maybe even the Ranger game I'm going to tomorrow.
Old bones cant sit in the dang cold anymore.
Old Sam Houston is safe from me this week as I'm headed to Memphis in my Trailblazer rental this week.
I might stop at Hot Springs though cause they have sure been finding extra large Diamonds there lately.
Better chance of digging one up than winning that lottery.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back