Rodger Brogdon Racing (1 Viewer)

Rick

Nitro Member
Firstly congrats to Rodger Brogdon for a very impressive debut in Pro Stock! Way to make the Comp contingent proud! His recent testing begs the question, where is Enders, they obviously need the testing more than he does. (Not that he can't use it), but Endres really needs it!

After reading a few weeks back about the Smith/Haas issue, I would have to think that Rodger seems like he is for real here and is willing to do anything in his power to become a "player" in the toughest class in drag racing. To have the whole thing killed b/c Ender's truck driver doesn't like it is silly.

Haas can and will sell a car to anyone, as will Jones, Ness, and Bickel... It seems to me like Enders might be a bit low on funding... What happened to their truck and trailer, why do they need Haas to drag them around? Who is getting the 1st engine over there Enders or Brogdon? Going by performance (which is all I can go by) it must be Brogdon.

IF this is the case, I think Rodger might be better off telling Enders to hit the bricks(nicely) and bring Nickens under his own umbrella and then he can hire anyone he wants to work for him because I don't think Jerry Haas is draging Rodger's car to all the races. If he is then so be it and forget everything I just wrote.

Just a single man's opinion, and probably isn't woth much more than the keyboard it was typed with.

Why I respond to these things I will never know but..

Enders Racing owns the engines, Brogdon leases them from Enders, Nickens does the maintenance, engineering and development under an agreement with Enders and Brogdon separately.

As for the Haas Enders strategic alliance, it is a partnership we created to improve our program and enhance our chances of winning rounds and races. I will support most any position he takes based upon his experience and knowledge.

We have no issue with the Smiths. Nice family, different program.

I have made no bones about funding this operation out of our back pockets until we replaced our primary sponsor but that had little or nothing to do with our proud decision to be formally associated with the one of the best PS chassis builders in the history of our sport. Jerry is a really valuable intellectual and mechanical asset to our team. Chemistry is everything and we are working to establish a long term team of players for our team.

Brogdon can speak for himself, we have agreed to be team mates, run my engines (built by Nickens) and technology programs. We also work to assist each other with marketing and business initiatives while clearly owning and operating our own teams. As I said in an earlier post we are a new team with 5 races under our belt, self funded and trying to get established. Positive input and suggestions are welcome. Wanna run our program? Bring the $3M it takes to run it after you buy all the assets.

Instead of guessing and creating %^&*, just ask me or whomever you need information from, we are pretty forthcoming and honest people even when it isnt necessarily anyones business.

See you in Phoenix!

Gregg Enders
[email protected]
713 823 7146 Cell

Gregg, thanks for taking the time to come in here and squash the BS. I have no suggestions other than keep at it, you guys do have fans here that want to see Erica succeed. I hope you guys get the funding to go to that next level and keep Erica's head up and her spirits high. I know it is disheartening for her to not have the results in the short term, but the girl can drive, don't let her beat herself up over a few DNQs. They happen to everybody from time to time. Good luck in Phoenix hope to see you in Vegas!

Wow I really didn't want my first post to be like this but Rich you obviously don't know the story Brogden received the new Haas chassis first because Enders gave it to them rather than have him adapt to an older car. Brogden might not even be in pro stock without the help the Enders are giving don't know. I realize that I am not nearly as knowlegable as 99% of the people on here but having met Greg and Erica in Denver last year they are some of the nicest people you could meet. And that's how U judge people by how they treat me and my family. I'm sure when they're new chassis arrive they will run as competitively as anyone.

Gregg...thanks for checking in. I can assure you that your team has received majority support on this board. There are a TON of us rooting for you and Erica, and we'd love nothing more than to see your Dodge going rounds and winning races!

There is another thread on this board regarding Roger's testing at HRP this past weekend. If you'll read those posts, you'll see maximum support for him as well.

Just bring a couple 'bad' bullets to the desert this weekend, and we'll all party with you!

Once again, Thank You Mister Enders... And Yeah, Erica can DRIVE... Have fun doing this, ain't that why we love this sport?:)

i was very impressed with Brogdon's debut last weekend. i cant remember the last time a driver made the tough pro stock field on his first attempt. i have to wonder also, why wasn't EE doing any testing since they had so many problems in pomona ??

jf

Gregg,
After such a detailed explanation of the situation, I'm sure Mr. Concato will be along any minute to acknowledge your well-versed response or even to offer an apology?
Good luck landing a Major League 40 year sponsorship deal to top all deals!

Firstly, I am not here to bash anyone, I wish Erica the best of luck. :)

Gregg, thanks for your reply, I do have one question for you. But before that, I would like to commend you on taking such good care of Rodger, giving him your spot in Jerry's wait list. For a team that is hunting down a major sponsor, that was a very nice thing to do. Now the question.

Why the "issue" with the energy drink company? Obviously Monster and Rockstar have put in major money to Bernstein and Toliver maybe more than the $3 million you speak of. Are Kenny and Jerry any less of a team ethically than yours? I have to think not. Maybe in light of Monster and Rockstar's deals you can re-kindle the relationship with the energy drink company? I am just asking a question nothing personal towards you or anyone on your team.

You claim to only have five races under your belts, but did you not take Nickens with you when you left DSR? I would think that the races you ran with Nickens, the car, and everything else had to count for something, I believe you bought the hauler from him as well didn't you?

I wish you guys luck, again no hard feelings, just my thoughts, that's why this is a chat forum.

Tom: As for the comment on needing a new car, isn't GA using a car they purchased used?

Rich

Rich:

Principal Centered Management Ch.1

In response:

We gave RB our completed car for a number of reasons. He needed it, we had one that is a great "seasoned" car, we could wait until G'Ville or H-Town to get our new one AND, selling it to RB gave us more immediate cash to apply towards power that we both wanted now. There, you have it all, a win-win for RB, EE and the programs we own.

As for testing in Houston, we didnt want to spend the time and money to bring two rigs back from the west coast when we could learn MOST of what we need to know from Rodgers car and the team engines. About a $7500 savings and we got the info we wanted. EE is OK on seat time, for now thanks. I am not KB, VJCR or Bill Gates. :)

Re: Revive/KB/JT:
They have much different programs, history and success in the pro ranks and what they do is none of my business, I am delighted for them. KB is a legend, Bud has thankfully been investing in him and the sport for eons, they do the distribution for Monster. They have earned the privileges they enjoy, we havent....yet. Their deal is much more complicated than ours.

JT is a legend as well and could care less about the things that matter to a new young woman breaking into the sport and trying to bust out of the old mold. The sport, the sponsors and the fans come first, then our driver and the team. I believe that if we do the right things and perform well for them, the rest will work out for us. That is my style of doing business, Legal, Moral, Ethical and the principal of things ahead our self interest. We will not be in a partnership if it isn't in the best interest of all concerned. No one held a gun to my head to make me drop Revive, it was the right thing to do for them, CCE, NHRA and us for lots of reasons.

We would not have enjoyed the coverage and exposure we need to bring value to a new sponsor like Revive if we kept them. I couldnt take Revive money unless I was confident in what I could deliver to them. Without NHRA, TV, Print Media and the fans we cant deliver the total package. We will land the right sponsor and keep our integrity and dignity or we will disappear like many before us. (Novel approach eh?)

We will make good Nickens power, EE can actually drive a PS (many says its easy, how hard can it be? :rolleyes: ) so in time maybe we will be a threat without stepping on anyones head or cutting off the rungs of the ladder we are climbing to get there. I have made all the money we have used to get this far by conducting my business and personal affairs this way, how can I stop now and sell out when I have the opportunity to show EE and Courtney that you can do the right things and still be successful. In the end I can sleep at night, I dont have to look over my shoulder and I dont have to worry about integrity. Let's hope for ol' Dad's fatherly ego and the "honor above self" sake that I learned in the military that I am right and this works out for us. You cant preach one thing and act out another in our family. I hope this explains what you wanted to understand, I will go back under the rock and hope to suprise you all with the numbers on the board in PHX and maybe announce some new stuff if a meeting or two go well.

Check out a new interim web site Erica Enders and join the fun!

GE

Rich if I remember correctly GA started in a used vehicle so I'm not saying that is an excuse. If i remember correctly they got new cars when they changes to the GTOs in late 05' and then again in mid 06' if I'm wrong someone please correct me.

Rich if I remember correctly GA started in a used vehicle so I'm not saying that is an excuse. If i remember correctly they got new cars when they changes to the GTOs in late 05' and then again in mid 06' if I'm wrong someone please correct me.

The car that Greg Anderson is driving right now he bought used from Royce / Richard Freeman last year. Richard was running it last year in Comp Eliminator (B/AA if memory serves). I believe the Freemans bought the car from Mike Edwards at the end of the '05 season.

6.59 @ 210 MPH and 15 pounds overweight!!!

I will be very interested to see how that translates in Phoenix this weekend ....

I will be very interested to see how that translates in Phoenix this weekend ....

No one will run six-fifty anything, or any where near 210. But I sure hope Roger (and Erica) do well.

Mr. Nickens has done an excellent job of making those HEMI's run like they should!

You, and a whole lot of other people,,,,,,,,,

And with the weather that is currently forcast for this weekends race, it could certainly get interesting.

Unk

Did anyone catch the show last night on XM 144 with Joe Castella and Alan Reinhart? They had a good discussion about Rodger's test numbers. Sounded like they were legit with scales and all.................

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back