RM Camaro (1 Viewer)

Not a 1982 - and if you're going to recreate/refurbish, put the right name on the window!

there was a time when comp was populated with these older camaros. they still look great today.

The car stirs feelings that will never be felt looking at a modern pro stocker thing.

R&M were the most fan friendly pro stock team of all time IMO. Never had ropes up in their pit and did not mind chatting wigh fans even on race day while standing next to the car. Many great photos in my collection of these guys.

He was at Rock Falls but didn't get to see him run due to breakage :(
IMG_2997.JPG

Wow, that photo looks like it is from "back then", until you look closely and see the Hoosier tires and new truck in the background and all that. But still....

Ok NHRA here's your big chance bring all the nostalgia PS cars and of course the Mountain motor cars to Topeka and see how full1 stands will be they might be surprised PS always popular there. Back in in 90s early 2000.

Ok NHRA here's your big chance bring all the nostalgia PS cars and of course the Mountain motor cars to Topeka and see how full1 stands will be they might be surprised PS always popular there. Back in in 90s early 2000.
It doesn't matter, most of the crowd leaves the stands as soon as the nitro cars finish.

I’ve seen that piece with all those racers playing cards before, that’s an awesome few minutes of footage!

It doesn't matter, most of the crowd leaves the stands as soon as the nitro cars finish.
There was a lot more interest back then, car still looked stock for most part I was at Steve Schmidt trailer it was full of PS motors you could lease what ever HP you wanted it was still fun to watch. PS cars now are so consistantly that you could run TS and probably win a few races, you will probably see more PS cars in that class it's getting that popular.

There was a lot more interest back then, car still looked stock for most part I was at Steve Schmidt trailer it was full of PS motors you could lease what ever HP you wanted it was still fun to watch. PS cars now are so consistantly that you could run TS and probably win a few races, you will probably see more PS cars in that class it's getting that popular.
I think the crowds are different now. More family types with kids that come to see the nitro cars and then head to the pits to see their heroes. More nitro fans, fewer true race fans, and that seems to be the way Glendora wants it.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back