Rickie Smith Tells All! (1 Viewer)

woody

Nitro Member
"Tricky" Rickie Smith said he had a lot to talk about, and talk he did in an exclusive interview with Clay Millican on 1320 TV's Quarter-Mile Confessions from Epping, New Hampshire.

His history in the sport, his starting-line battles with Warren Johnson, his son Matt's Pro Stock Motorcycle career, his recent break-up with Richard Maskin, his turning down of an offer to race for Don Schumacher, and his opinion of the NHRA's new points system are just a few of the topics Smith discusses.

It's an interesting and insightful half-hour with one of the legends of the sport. Check it out at: http://www.1320tv.com/racevideos/am...Rickie Smith tells all in exclusive interview

I don't think anything special needs to be installed. It just seems to be extremely slow today. I'm still waiting......

Talk about a nice interview... Yea thats my DAD.....:D

Hi:)
What a superb interview, genuine honesty is rare to see in our "politically correct world" these days, I would be as proud as punch if he was my dad.

Loved the "shut off" story with WJ, talk about laugh; imagine screwing with the "big boys" so to speak.:D

The DSR section was enlightening, shows Carlson was a bit of a prima donna,
who wouldn't want a proven experience driver/tuner to evaluate a car if that car was supposedly deficient?
Maybe it never was!

Little doubt his theory on Bob Glidden’s worth is 100% on the mark.

Thanks JP:D

nearly a half hour. Still blank. I can run everything else... but 1320tv :(

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa I want to see the interview!

Be patient, its a long interview! I took around 20 minutes to load and I have a cable modem!

Its well worth the wait. That has to have been the most insightful piece I have ever seen. Its all clear now. Ricky Smith is THE MAN! What a genuinely great guy. What you see is what you get. Good stuff.

Its kinda hard for me to decipher what them "southern boys" are saying sometimes. Its like they speak a whole other language than anything I ever hear in the NW. Damn, that was good.

That was a very nice interview. After it was over I discovered I missed the first 77 laps of the NASCAR race:eek: It was worth it.

That was some of the most fun I have had watching an interview.Can you get 1320 TV in like whatever file it takes to put it on an Ipod.Those things would be great for the video Ipod while riding the stationary bike.Mr. Smith has been one of my favorites since I was like 12 or 13..And I always get a big kick out of Clay.

I wish I had a DAD like "Tricky Rickie" :) Matt and Amanda, be PROUD, VERY PROUD for what he has done and for what he feels...I know I would..:)

Last edited:
That interview was SUPERB! Clay stepped back and let Rickie do ALL the talking. APPLAUSE! That's one of the BEST QMCs I've seen.

BTW, I use Firefox and the video loaded just fine for me. Took like 10 seconds to start and play. :)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back