Richard Hartman joins TWR (1 Viewer)

flapjack

Staff member
Nitro Member
Just got a press release from Bob Wilber that Richard Hartman will be joining Tim's team this year. It will be interesting to see what happens.

Sure hope this helps Tim. It's hard to both tune and drive. Should be good to have another good tuner to help him out.
Tim has a car that has proven it can win.

Whenever I see TWR, I automatically think of Tom Walkinshaw Racing (Arrows F1 and Jaguar winning LeMans in '90). The factory he built with Jaguar is where they build modern Aston Martins.

(sorry for the slight derail, I agree that it will be good for Richard and Wilk to have him on board)

I always that TWR as it applied to Tim was Tim Wilkerson Racing, but it's actually Team Wilkerson Racing, according to the press release emails I get from Bob.

At very least it will take some of the workload off of Tim. Hopefully it will produce some good results.

You would think with a name like TWR Wilk could get a deal on Jaguar bodies! Maybe even "Silk Cut" tobacco sponsorship! Those cars were really pretty race cars. Hope Wilk and Richard have a good run at it while together.

I really do miss the old Group C days.
Silk+Cut+Jag+racecar.jpg

Almost all of the talent off of that Jaguar team, including Tom Walkinshaw and Ross Brawn, went to Benetton F1 and started winning races and Championships immediately ... of course having Michael Schumacher in the seat didn't hurt either.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back