retro $450,000 tf sponsor deal in 1998. (1 Viewer)

SEQUENT COMPUTER SYSTEMS INC /OR/ Annual Report (10-K) EXHIBIT 10.7

i was surfing the drag racing net and came across this sponsor ship deal for sequent from 1998. i wouldnt know , was this a good deal back then?
Nice find....that's the money daddy was paying so his daughter could drive top fuel cars. I'd assume Andy Evans picked up the rest of the tab somehow.

I would think there were some team spending 1-2 million at the time.

You could run a IHRA top fuel car on that money right now.

Last edited:
Sequent was a sponsor on Kalitta's car as well, along with American International Airways. I didn't realize that Scandia fielded a top fuel dragster. They're best known as a second tier Indy car team from the early IRL days, notable for fielding seven or eight cars in the 1996 Indy 500 (the first year of the IRL, when they used chassis & engines pulled out of CART team's dumpsters). Anyway, I found an article from 11/98 stating that Andy Evans sold the team to Roy Hill, and Reebok was indeed the major sponsor at that time. I guess the agreement doesn't necessarily state that Sequent is the primary sponsor, just a sponsor. They only require a 9" x 36" logo on the car and a 1' x 7' logo on the sides & back of the hauler- that could be consistent with a major associate, no?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back