Ranking The Top 50 NHRA Racers Of The Sport's Modern Era (1 Viewer)

I think Doug Kalitta should be ranked higher but the real travesty is the omission of Tom McEwen. He's the one that brought big time sponsorship to the sport. But making a list such as this will NEVER satisfy everyone ! Like Spencer said, the list us subjective.

While we can all argue about the specifics of the list, I think it is really good that we are seeing so many articles in Autoweek about drag racing. This has not been the case with Autoweek in the past.
and kelly crandell over on racer.com doing nhra articles and podcasts.......she had podcast with josh hart this last week. is really good.
......hats off to autoweek for evening thinking about this list. they did a great job.

Last edited:
What about the top 50 starters? Larry Sutton & Buster Couch.....
Cliff
What are you SMOKING. LOL
Larry Sutton---Lions Starter🤠

PS: I think the top 50 list has a great group. put all of them in a bowl shake it up draw any name an they would be #1 in my book.

and kelly crandell over on racer.com doing nhra articles and podcasts.......she had podcast with josh hart this last week. is really good.
......hats off to autoweek for evening thinking about this list. they did a great job.
Kelly's last three episodes have been NHRA focused. Josh Hart, Brittany Force, and Brian Lohnes.

Awesome list, and all are worthy. Not sure what the criteria was of whoever created it? Driving only, tuning capability, impact on sport/growth/youth, championships won, longevity, fan interaction, just to name a few. If this list was created using "all" of the above mentioned criteria, it could sure some more shuffling!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back