Randy Meyer Racing TAD (1 Viewer)

Impressive runs! I still miss the 98% days when Myers, Reichert and one or two others ran 5.10's though.

What is the quickest pass by A/FD? Wasn't it like 5.10 about 12 years ago, when they usta run 99.99% nitro?

What is the quickest pass by A/FD? Wasn't it like 5.10 about 12 years ago, when they usta run 99.99% nitro?

5.103 by Bill Reichert in Houston. I still remember listening to the run on the Audiocast and it was one of the few times an A-Fuel car left my jaw on the floor. It was quite muggy the day he ran that too, so conditions weren't exactly the best, which makes the run even more impressive. I also believe he was running under 99% pop.

5.103 by Bill Reichert in Houston. I still remember listening to the run on the Audiocast and it was one of the few times an A-Fuel car left my jaw on the floor. It was quite muggy the day he ran that too, so conditions weren't exactly the best, which makes the run even more impressive. I also believe he was running under 99% pop.

It was 2007. Can't remember the % at that time. I will say that it rained quite a bit through noon that day as they didn't start eliminations until about 3 that afternoon. And yes, it was very humid. I missed the final but I want to say he ran around a 5.15 and big speed.

Mitch Myers with Steve Boggs tuning went 5.10 (& 5.11) at the World Finals in '04!

Huge congrats to the Meyer team, first time out with a new driver and wins it. BTW, yes Justin Ashley is Mike Ashley's son. Cool guy.

Does anybody know what the nitro percentages were in 2004 when Mitch Myers ran 5.10 and 2007 when Reichert ran his 5.10? I know NHRA dropped it for the 2005 season after Myers won the championship in 2004 and it was one of the factors in him retiring and putting his stuff up for sale.

100% nitro until 2005

98% nitro for 2005

97% nitro for 2006 & 2007

96% nitro for 2008

94% nitro for 2009 - 2013......

95% nitro for 2014 to date

Alan

who's the guy with injector stacks(i think?) and ran a 5-teen something many years ago in pomona? winters i think?
was like half a tenth to a full tenth quicker than anything ever run?.....couldn't have been too many years after they started allowing injected nitro in the class?.....or at least racers choosing that combination

100% nitro until 2005

98% nitro for 2005

97% nitro for 2006 & 2007

96% nitro for 2008

94% nitro for 2009 - 2013......

95% nitro for 2014 to date

Alan

Alan: I was thinking the change to 96% was in April 2007. Right after the Houston event?
Thanks for the info.

One milestone was A/FD breaking 250 MPH. Ed Vickroy did it in a car normally driven by Don Enriquez & it had injector stacks on it. Gene Adams tuned it. Vickroy ended up going 254 MPH & a best of 5.77 ET. Don't remember the year, but Phil Burgess ran a comparison of this car with Don Garlits 1975 T/F car, the first to run 250.

thanks cliff.....ed vickroy run is what i was thinking about.....i was way off on the et.....will probably get scolded again for
not knowing the exact correct numbers

thanks cliff.....ed vickroy run is what i was thinking about.....i was way off on the et.....will probably get scolded again for
not knowing the exact correct numbers

Hey Mike. I just remember that run cuz it was the first injected nitro car to run 250. The car was soooo fast compared to the other cars of the day. I was astonished that Vickroy ran 254. Would be the equivalent of A/FD today running 290. Vickroy normally ran an A/FD with a Chevy Rat motor at the time, called Junkyard Ed. He substituted for Don Enriquez & drove into history. Oh, just for yuks & grins, if you looked at every nitro dragster that ever ran, I would put Adams & Enriquez right up at the top, regardless of class. Cook & Bedwell up there too. My 2 cents.

Is that Don or his son? He must be near his middle 70s but I could be wrong. I thought he was driving in the 60s say 65 or 66

Yes it is the original Don Enriquez still driving. :) He is mid 70's I think. Also agree he started driving for Gene Adams mid 60's. I remember a story about that. They both worked at Hillborn Injection and Don got the ride for one of Gene Adam's injected nitro cars. Don raced JR/F, A/FD, Top Fuel (anyone remember the Double Eagle? Twin injected 392 Chryslers ran 6.69 or like that and shocked the racing world), Pro Comp - dragsters & funny cars, T/AD and who knows what else? To me, the Adams & Enriquez A/FD is the one that stands out. Anything Gene Adams tuned hauled patooies.

who's the guy with injector stacks(i think?) and ran a 5-teen something many years ago in pomona? winters i think?
was like half a tenth to a full tenth quicker than anything ever run?.....couldn't have been too many years after they started allowing injected nitro in the class?.....or at least racers choosing that combination
Are thinking of Chess Bushey? He was really the guy who stuck with this combination back in the80's...ran division 7. He had an injector horn setup.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back