Randy Hope and his Kawasaki rides to good opening in Pro Bike & Sled Series (1 Viewer)

LONDON, ONTARIO (May 31, 2011) – Randy Hope credits his father’s influence when it comes to drag racing.

“He’s the reason for my drag racing,” said the rider of the Lil’ Hope Racing Pro Bike entry. “My father put me on a bike.”

The team is one of the contestants in the new Pro Bike & Sled Series for motorcycles and snowmobiles. Bike riders make up one side of the Series, and snowmobiles provide the other side. Top eliminators in each division then pair off in a bike-versus-snowmobile final for the event title.

And for the opening round in the PBSS, Hope qualified third in the class at Cayuga during the Victoria Day Weekend Challenge May 20-22 with an 8.473-second, 168.03-mph pass.

Hope’s motorcycle is a 1978 Kawasaki, with a Bill Hope-inspired chassis. The 1500-cc engine features eight sparkplugs, designed and built by Randy’s father Bill in offering better ignition. The engine utilizes a Fast by Gast fuel system with 40-mm Lectrons.

Attached to the powerplant is a five-speed auto gearbox allowing for full-throttle shifts when racing down the quarter mile track.

Hope has been racing since 1995, always on two wheels. His father, Bill Hope, is crew chief with the team, and other members include Karen, Taylor, and Samantha Hope. Highlights of his career are the winning the 2007 Superbike Octoberfast, and two Father’s Day Championships at the Grand Bend Motorplex.

Hope said he believes the new PBSS will be a great venue.

“I think it’s a great idea,” he said. “It looks promising, and should be a great series. The fans get a lot of wow factor with bikes going 150 mph. I’m looking forward to it.”

Rain curtailed the elimination rounds of the series opener, but the rounds will be held June 10-12 at Cayuga as part of the track’s Extreme Mayhem Nationals. The event will also feature the second race in this exciting new series.

Attachments

• clip_image002_502.jpg
    clip_image002_502.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 87
  • clip_image002_503.jpg
    clip_image002_503.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 3
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back