RACER.com: Ida Zetterstrom testing (1 Viewer)

i think earlier article/s had her hailing from finland? but i'm seeing 'born in sweden' when i look her up. Zetterström sounds swedish too.
wish brainerd was on her schedule; there's a ton of us scandinavians up here to show up and support her.

Last edited:
Ida is a native of the Åland islands which lie between Sweden and Finland but, for historical reasons, are an autonomous region of Finland. Most of the inhabitants, Ida included, speak Swedish, not Finnish (totally different languages) and identify more closely with Sweden.

Hence the uncertainty with labelling her as either Finnish or Swedish. I believe she now describes herself as Swedish.

(Thank goodness most of them speak English, usually better than most of us in the UK do.)

Ida is a native of the Åland islands which lie between Sweden and Finland but, for historical reasons, are an autonomous region of Finland. Most of the inhabitants, Ida included, speak Swedish, not Finnish (totally different languages) and identify more closely with Sweden.

Hence the uncertainty with labelling her as either Finnish or Swedish. I believe she now describes herself as Swedish.

(Thank goodness most of them speak English, usually better than most of us in the UK do.)
3.74/329 in Schu's car. Bet that was a thrill for her. And apparently they know how to grow 'em in the Aland Islands, if you catch my drift.... :)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back