Question about TAFC racer (1 Viewer)

cdag

Nitro Member
Just wondering if anyone on here knows what happened to TAFC owner/driver Bob Sweet from Sterling, Mass. He had a top notch operation through the early-mid 1990's, then seemingly disappeared. Thanks in advance for any info.

-Corey

Corey,
I'm sure Pete DeVita can chime in with some info when he get's back from Shakedown..

He is the New England Drag Racing encyclopedia..

Corey,
I'm sure Pete DeVita can chime in with some info when he get's back from Shakedown..

He is the New England Drag Racing encyclopedia..

Why thank you Brian!

Corey,
Bob purchased Randy Anderson's 1994 World Championship TAFC (at the time Federal Mogul Funny Car) turnkey right after the 1994 World Finals.
Unfortunately Bob had a nasty crash at the opening NHRA Divisional race at Cecil County, MD. The car was a total loss, but it also took a bunch of Bob's toes with it.
He never did return to the track.

Oh and the Shakedown was, well, let's just say I won't miss another one! ;)

Thank you for the info Brian and Pete!

I always got the impression that his wife Linda wasn't a big fan of Bob being in the driver's seat; I'm guessing that incident really affected her. Thanks again for the replies.

Thank you for the info Brian and Pete!

I always got the impression that his wife Linda wasn't a big fan of Bob being in the driver's seat; I'm guessing that incident really affected her. Thanks again for the replies.

I actually got to know them both over a couple of years and Linda was ok with all of it until the first time Bob got his bell rung at an IHRA race. He had so much tire shake he got knocked out and luckily only gouged his helmet on the rollcage. They patched up the car and he raced in eliminations. After that, things seemed to be different.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back