Pro Winter Warmup at PBIR (1 Viewer)

NitroMustang65

Nitro Member
January 20-21, 2012 Pro Winter Warmup Jan 20-21 I had a blast this past February and highly recommend going if you can. The fence is easily half as close to the track as Gainesville. I haven't been to any other tracks so I can't compare, but it makes a big difference in this case!

For those of you that cannot make it, we'll (BangShift) be live broadcasting the event.

Yeah that was really cool. I was at the track and my wife and grandson watched it on the computer. I was on the phone with her trying to get on camera and wave LOL :D She was impressed with the camera angle and the sound - great job!:cool:

So do that have reserve seating or is it all just general admission? Also, how many spectators are typically there?

And this year it was $20/person/day. Not sure about kids or if there's a cut off age for free admission. And there are food vendors as well.

And this year it was $20/person/day. Not sure about kids or if there's a cut off age for free admission. And there are food vendors as well.

Apparently kids 6-12 are $10 each day advance sales or at the gate, under 6 are free. 13+ are adults, advance tickets $35 for both days. Friday only is $20, $25 at the gate, Saturday only $25, $30 at the gate. We're going to head down there, stop by Big's in Ocala on the way. Hope the weather's good:)

PRO WINTER WARMUP JAN 20-21

Last edited:
Still debating about whether to drive over or not. On one hand, it would be SO cool to get a dose of nitro in January! On the other hand, it's a 3 1/2 hour drive there and 3 1/2 hour drive back, and from the PBIR website, it looks like cars are only on track from 5-7 pm and autographs from 7-8 pm and that's it. Doors opening at 4 pm, so it doesn't sound like much time to walk around pits or hear warmups or anything like that.

For those of you who've been, is the 2 hours on track and 1 hour autograph session about the way it went last year? :confused::)

it looks like cars are only on track from 5-7 pm and autographs from 7-8 pm and that's it. Doors opening at 4 pm, so it doesn't sound like much time to walk around pits or hear warmups or anything like that.

For those of you who've been, is the 2 hours on track and 1 hour autograph session about the way it went last year? :confused::)

Per the PBIR website...

"Gates will open at 4 p.m. both Friday and Saturday with runs scheduled at 5 p.m. and 7 p.m. After the second test session each night the drivers will be available for autographs."

Not between 5 and 7pm, but at 5 and 7pm. Hopefully that helps

Per the PBIR website...

"Gates will open at 4 p.m. both Friday and Saturday with runs scheduled at 5 p.m. and 7 p.m. After the second test session each night the drivers will be available for autographs."

Not between 5 and 7pm, but at 5 and 7pm. Hopefully that helps

I'd seen that schedule in one section of their website, but on the event page (on the way to purchasing tickets), they stated that the cars are on the track between 5 and 7 pm with the autograph session scheduled from 7 - 8 pm. That's when I got confused. :D I'm not sure which is correct. Link to the shorter schedule posted below...

PRO WINTER WARMUP JAN 20-21

Still debating about whether to drive over or not. On one hand, it would be SO cool to get a dose of nitro in January! On the other hand, it's a 3 1/2 hour drive there and 3 1/2 hour drive back, and from the PBIR website, it looks like cars are only on track from 5-7 pm and autographs from 7-8 pm and that's it. Doors opening at 4 pm, so it doesn't sound like much time to walk around pits or hear warmups or anything like that.

Lisa it's very cool :) I went last year and the atmosphere is laid back, but sort of like a mini-Gators and with Bob Frey in the tower it doesn't get any better :) I'm driving from Tampa (Plant City), however I'm staying the night in Boynton Beach Friday and Saturday so it's not a one-day deal for me. I think it's worth the trip. Unless they're changing the format from last year, there were no set times for this or that. Everything was open at all times. Hope this help!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back