Pro Stock Hemi? (1 Viewer)

Crazy

Nitro Member
Are the heads, that the Mopar Pro Stock teams using, a true Hemi configuration or are they like the new "faux" Hemis, with a polyspherical combustion chamber and single rockers?
Thanks

Your title is very misleading. When I see "POS" I don't think of "polyspherical". Or did I read the title right the first time? LOL! OK, guess ya had to be there....:eek:

It's a twisted wedge, not a true hemispherical combustion chamber. It was just too tough for the MOPAR media men to get those two rednecks in their commercials say "Yeah, it's got a twisted wedge!"

It's a twisted wedge, not a true hemispherical combustion chamber. It was just too tough for the MOPAR media men to get those two rednecks in their commercials say "Yeah, it's got a twisted wedge!"
LOL..hey that would work though, Doc..I can see him saying that..hehe
grinning-smiley-047.gif

Oh..I changed the title of this thread to Pro...unless he really did mean POS..hope not..I'll change it back if ya want..

LOL..hey that would work though, Doc..I can see him saying that..hehe

Oh..I changed the title of this thread to Pro...unless he really did mean POS..hope not..I'll change it back if ya want..

Formerly Willymon

Thanks for changing the typo. I didn't catch it, before posting.

Crazy

There is almost no chamber in the cylinder head, just a very small pocket between the valves and the valves are rotated slightly out of line and tipped to point to the center of the cylinder. The Rockers are individual stands for each valve. If you have ever seen a 409 chevy head it looks similar, but with a smaller chamber and valve centerlines tipped to meet about 6" down in the cylinder. Real HEMIs have a combustion chamber that you can put your fist in (or a pint of NITRO), both the production HEMI and the pro stock HEMI are using the term as a marketing tool as neither head has much of a combustion chamber.
Top of head here.
http://www.mopar.com/m_perf_subcat2Check.jsp?SubSubSubGrpID=942&dummy5=1159361887357
A Steve Schmidt HEMI that shows the rockers
http://www.steveschmidtracing.com/engines/hemi-project/500-pro-stock-hemi-2.html
The chamber, scroll to page 35 and enlarge, a wad of spit could fill the chamber.
http://dodgefayetteville.crownauto...."p5 mopar hemi 500" Pro stock cylinder heads"

Last edited:
Thanks Ian, for the response and great explanation. I remember the 409 configuration. I couldn't get the link to work, though. It comes up blank.

Thanks Ian, for the response and great explanation. I remember the 409 configuration. I couldn't get the link to work, though. It comes up blank.

Yeah, I'm not real good with computers, but the other two links have better pics anyway and seem to work. By the way if you want to give Kaase a call, he has an 815" one @ 1700 HP for sale. I don't want to even think what it would cost.

Do they keep the chamber similar to how it comes from the factory, or do they significantly modify it to improve the burn pattern?

Yeah, I'm not real good with computers, but the other two links have better pics anyway and seem to work. By the way if you want to give Kaase a call, he has an 815" one @ 1700 HP for sale. I don't want to even think what it would cost.

Great pix. Thanks. I think I'll stay with my 572. Probably have to mortgage the farm, to get that 815 cuber.

Crazy

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back