Pro and Clay revealed a marketing opportunity (1 Viewer)

Jim

Nitro Member
I've been enjoying all the YouTube videos leading up to the ProShootout but, I was shocked that SEVERAL people who are involved in "grass-roots" drag racing have NEVER seen a NITRO race.
For that matter - I THINK I heard Clectus say he'd never been to a Nitro event.
There may be an entire generation that needs to fall in love with NITRO!

I've been enjoying all the YouTube videos leading up to the ProShootout but, I was shocked that SEVERAL people who are involved in "grass-roots" drag racing have NEVER seen a NITRO race.
For that matter - I THINK I heard Clectus say he'd never been to a Nitro event.
There may be an entire generation that needs to fall in love with NITRO!
I'm not surprised. I've been to quite a few Cars & Coffees, cruise nights and late night car hangout spots with my corvette. It's just a different world when it comes to car culture.

The ones that actually go to the drag strip are more into the street car brawl stuff or test & tune nights.

I typically wear a Zizzo Racing top fuel dragster shirt or some form of drag racing shirt and I don't think anyone has ever asked me about them. I did wear a Nitro Ninja shirt one evening and a guy asked me if I was a Capco fan too.

The YouTuber culture, for whatever reason, seems to bring people to the track in a big way - moreso than other forms of social media. It shocks me that Clay is the only one in the NHRA taking advantage of this - and yet, I'm extremely happy for him because he has the perfect personality for the format. When we run Sick Week, an enormous amount people show up (on workdays, no less) because their favorite channels are at the drag strip.

not that its makes a difference or not but i been watching
lets make a deal here in the morning and today they had a prize of
racing tickets then once that was said they went on to show force
and capps or someone racing down the track it was a weekend deal
to a NHRA event and it included race tickets vip seats in the tower and
transportation to and from the races. was priced at like 2k for the package.
now i have never seen that before, so apparently somebody is reaching out
more so to get some new faces out to the drags hope to see more of that...

Here's another guy (used to work with Cleetus) who'd never been to a Nitro event.
These folks have tio get their butt's to Gainsville, no?

Clay Millican's YouTube channel has gained about 30,000 subscribers within the past week or so. 10K short of 100,000 now.
That's incredible. This is my 4th year as a subscriber, I watch every Nhra race video. Their is no other team that lets you go inside the crew chief lounge after a run. Can't remember the name of the guy who did all the filming at the Pro Shootout but I've never seen anything like it. No wonder he gained 30,000 new subscribers! Hope it brings new sponsors to RWR.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back