Pre-Gators Bradenton testing (1 Viewer)

NitroMustang65

Nitro Member
There's a thread over on Yellow Bullet with pics of a bunch of Pro teams testing today and tomorrow. I plan on heading to the track right after work tomorrow morning, camera in hand. Just an FYI for anyone who's close and has the time available.

Vinnie D's rig was headed east on I10 in the Baytown area about 4 pm. Be interesting to know if they are headed there 1st.

Good to see my boy Ulf Leanders out there testing for his US TOUR... You can keep up to date with his American Tour 2010 on the CRX Promotions website...AND YES, THAT'S A DODGE BODY Top Alcohol FUNNY CAR!

IMG_2084.jpg

IMG_2180.jpg

Notice the Number 1 on the side of his car??? Your reigning FIA Top Methanol Funny Car champion.

IMG_2184.jpg

Ulf tested today making a few half track squirts getting ready for the Gators this weekend.

Here's a vid of a burnout he did:

YouTube - MVI_2183.MOV

Awesome....great pic of Bob Glidden putting his 'ears' on right before Ulf lights em up!

Don't be shocked if the Leanders Bros. pick up a round win or two this weekend. That car runs consistently in the 5.60 range in Europe on rough tracks. Wouldn't be suprised to see a 5.50-something coming out of the Leanders Clutches TAFC this weekend.

Thanks for the nice pictures of one of the Swedish teams who will be at the Gators this year. They are of course ruinning a clutch of their own manufacture ;)

Regards
PiPPi
HarleyDrags.com - fr MC dragracing

And that clutch is the wave of the future Pippi! Todd Tuttorow's ADRL car is running a Leanders Clutch and a certain undisclosed NHRA Pro Stock team bought one at PRI and tested with it in FLA shortly after PRI with some GREAT results.

Their ALKY clutch is going to rock the world.

Wow, great looking Alcohol car. Can't believe that these cars need so little downforce and in this case Ulf doesn't even have any stabilizers on the back like most Alky cars have. Appears to be a stout running car based on those numbers quoted.

a certain undisclosed NHRA Pro Stock team bought one at PRI and tested with it in FLA shortly after PRI with some GREAT results.
Hm... it's not "undisclosed" over here :rolleyes:

Not sure about your whereabouts this coming weekend but if you meet up with them, please pass on a greeting from yours truly. Lots, like lots, of locals over/up here are gonna be glued to the Web-reports this weekend.

Regards
PiPPi
HarleyDrags.com

And that clutch is the wave of the future Pippi! Todd Tuttorow's ADRL car is running a Leanders Clutch and a certain undisclosed NHRA Pro Stock team bought one at PRI and tested with it in FLA shortly after PRI with some GREAT results.

Kind of hard to be "undisclosed" when your car owner, owns/owned the company that will be supplying clutch discs for the Leanders unit.:rolleyes:Also, they aren't the only P/S team using that clutch.

Pat

Great photos!

Why does that one Mustang have a "U" shaped pipe coming out in of the front wheel, driver's side of the car?

Is there anything Jeg's doesn't race?

Great photos!

Why does that one Mustang have a "U" shaped pipe coming out in of the front wheel, driver's side of the car?

Is there anything Jeg's doesn't race?
Front mounted turbocharger, the exhaust comes off of it.

Man that Pro Mod Duster is one mean looking hotrod!;)

Hm... it's not "undisclosed" over here :rolleyes:

Not sure about your whereabouts this coming weekend but if you meet up with them, please pass on a greeting from yours truly. Lots, like lots, of locals over/up here are gonna be glued to the Web-reports this weekend.

Regards
PiPPi
HarleyDrags.com

Sadly I will be in Colorado this weekend and not with the Leanders group (From Sweden), or the Kon Rodz team (From Canada) or Katie Sullivan (From California) in FLA.... BUT....

Let all your fellow country-men and women know they can log onto CRX Promotions 2.0 | Marketing, Media and Communications for the Drag Racing World to get daily updates from all three teams...:cool:

Sadly I will be in Colorado this weekend and not with the Leanders group (From Sweden), or the Kon Rodz team (From Canada) or Katie Sullivan (From California) in FLA.... BUT....

Let all your fellow country-men and women know they can log onto CRX Promotions 2.0 | Marketing, Media and Communications for the Drag Racing World to get daily updates from all three teams...:cool:
OT but a small world indeed, I attended the Frank Hawley Drag Racing School last year when Katie Sullivan got her pro-license. Didn't ride myself but was there as a team member and "travel guide" for Fredrik Fredlund from Finland who was then the reigning UEM Pro Stock Bike Champion and who also got his NHRA Pro Stock Bike license at that time.

I put up a short news-item about Katie and CRX Promotions last week on the Web over here, do you have more details on your relationship with the Leanders Brothers that I can pass on?

Regards
PiPPi
http://HarleyDrags.com

OT but a small world indeed, I attended the Frank Hawley Drag Racing School last year when Katie Sullivan got her pro-license. Didn't ride myself but was there as a team member and "travel guide" for Fredrik Fredlund from Finland who was then the reigning UEM Pro Stock Bike Champion and who also got his NHRA Pro Stock Bike license at that time.

I put up a short news-item about Katie and CRX Promotions last week on the Web over here, do you have more details on your relationship with the Leanders Brothers that I can pass on?

Regards
PiPPi
HarleyDrags.com - fr MC dragracing

Yup. Give us a few hours and we'll have both the Katie Sullivan and Ulf Leanders Gainesville Preview up on the site. I'll post a link in a bit Pippi. OH and ULF SAYS... "HI PIPPI"

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back